- SKU: 7619598
- Release Date: 02/07/2006
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Ratings & Reviews
- Torn Curtain Rising
- Scenes scored by Bernard Herrmann
- Production photographs and more
- Closed Captioned
A double agent has to contend with enemies on both sides of the political fence as well as the woman he loves in this thriller directed by Alfred Hitchcock. Prof. Michael Armstrong (Paul Newman) is an gifted American physicist who, at the height of the Cold War, decides to defect to East Germany. To his surprise, his fiancée, fellow scientist Sarah Sherman (Julie Andrews) follows him, and she soon discovers Armstrong is no traitor, but acting as a secret undercover agent. As Armstrong attempts to ingratiate himself with political and scientific factions in East Germany, Gromek (Wolfgang Kieling) becomes his guide, though Armstrong is aware he's a government agent assigned to trail him, and as he tries to shake Gromek, Armstrong realizes his new "friend" knows what his real agenda happens to be. Torn Curtain was one of the rare Hitchcock films from his "classic" era which did not feature a score by Bernard Herrman; due to objections from his studio, Hitchcock removed Herrman from the project, though excerpts from the score he had begun were included as a bonus on the film's DVD release in 2002. ~ Mark Deming, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Paul Newman - Prof. Michael Armstrong
- Julie Andrews - Sarah Sherman
- Lila Kedrova - Countess Luchinska
- Hansjörg Felmy - Heinrich Gerhard
- Tamara Toumanova - Ballerina
0 out of 0 found this review helpful.