- SKU: 20762577
- Release Date: 10/02/2012
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
The Unknown Soldier starts out in life as Fred Williams (Charles Emmett Mack), a garage mechanic who signs up for the Army on the very day that America declares war against Germany. Upon arriving in France, Fred falls in love with wealthy heiress Mary Phillips (Marguerite de la Motte), who has come to the front as an entertainer. Opting for a quick marriage (after all, who knows what tomorrow will bring?), Fred and Mary allow a supposed chaplain to perform a ceremony -- but what they don't know is that the "chaplain" is a deserter with no authority to marry anybody. Mary finds this out on the morning after the wedding, but by now Fred has marched off with his regiment. Later on, Fred receives a letter indicating that Mary is about to give birth in a tiny French hospital which happens to be directly in the line of fire. He volunteers for a suicide mission in No Man's Land, hoping eventually to make his way to the hospital and rescue Mary -- at which point the film fades out. Fade in several months after the Armistice, with Mary and her child attending memorial ceremonies at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier at Arlington Ceremony, tearfully wondering if the interred soldier might possibly be her beloved Fred. ~ Hal Erickson, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Marguerite de la Motte - Mary Phillips
- Henry B. Walthall - Mr. Phillips
- Ethel Wales - Mrs. Williams
- George Cooper - Corporal Fogarty
- Jesse de Vorska - "Mike" Ginsberg