Valentino [Blu-ray] 
- SKU: 29812426
- Release Date: 01/05/2016
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
- "Trailers From Hell" with Bernard Rose
- Animated Montage of Behind-the-Scenes Images
- Audio Commentary by Film Historian Tim Lucas
- Footage of Valentino's Funeral Procession
- Orson Welles Remembers Rudolph Valentino
- Trailer for Billion Dollar Brain
- Trailer for the Valentino Classic Blood and Sand
- Two Theatrical Trailers for Valentino
Rudolph Valentino, born in Italy in 1895 as Alfonzo Raffaele Pierre Philibert Guglielmi, emigrated to the U.S. and became for a time the reigning male romantic lead of the silent-film era. He died in 1926, having led a short, troubled and tempestuous life which included several stints in prison. The crowds surrounding his coffin before and during his funeral were among the largest ever seen in the U.S. In this film, Ken Russell has used events from the famous actor's life as the basis for an extended meditation on the nature of stardom, and especially on what it means to be a sex idol. Beginning and ending with the funeral of Valentino (Rudolf Nureyev), the story chronicles his rise to Hollywood stardom from life as an Italian emigrant dishwasher and show-dancer. Often embroiled in controversies about his manliness (or perceived lack of ), in the film he dies as a result of internal injuries suffered in a boxing match he fought in to defend his honor. ~ Clarke Fountain, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Rudolf Nureyev - Valentino
- Leslie Caron - Nazimova
- Michelle Phillips - Natasha Rambova
- Carol Kane - Fatty's Girl
- Felicity Kendal - June Mathis