The powdercoat steel frame and polished, beveled, tempered, black-silkscreened safety glass of each of this Walker Edison D51AL30B computer desk's sections holds up to 100 lbs., providing sturdy support for your desktop PC, keyboard and peripherals.
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.
If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
Looks nice, but low quality
Posted by: Joey from: Cincinnati, OH on
Directions were pretty easily followed and the desk looks very nice, however there are a few issues with it. For starters, while putting it together there were two points where poor manufacturing almost made the desk impossible to assemble. For example, on the crossbeams for the legs there were pieces of metal that were not thoroughly drilled for the screw holes and obstructed them. Luckily we were able to pick them off with a screwdriver but that took about 20 minutes to do so. For a desk this price I would expect higher quality.
TL;DR Looks nice, but don't judge a book by its cover.
3 out of 3 found this review helpful.
Posted by: merely1man from: on
Short version: if it's for the office, it will serve its purpose. If you're a gamer, look for something else.
- Lots of surface area: can have your computer and peripheral devices on one end and a writing/papers space on the other, and easily switch between them without moving your chair.
- Included PC rack keeps the tower off the carpet.
- Accessible under-corner space; can put a computer or a wastebasket there.
- Relatively stylish.
- Mobility: This is basically two smaller desks stuck together with a corner piece - which is fine, except there's no piece on the bottom to fuse the adjacent legs together. Makes rearranging furniture unnecessarily challenging, and would have been an easy fix in the design phase.
- Comfort: Office use mostly relies on a keyboard, and for that it works suitably. But for entertainment uses, it falls short; the pullout tray has no space for a mouse, which leads to considerable arm and wrist discomfort when gaming.
Maintenance - the glass is sturdy, but it shows every mark; expect to do extra cleaning if you intend it to be presentable. It also tends to reflect the light from a desk lamp up into your face, which can irritate the eyes. The sliding mechanism for the tray tends to stick.
- The black model tends to cast shadows over the keyboard, which can make it hard to see what you're typing. If you really want this desk, go with the clear model.
Overall: not bad, not great. Better suited to a place of business than the home. Still, the amount of surface area for space occupied makes up enough for its flaws to be passable.
2 out of 3 found this review helpful.
does what i need
Posted by: karnavoire from: stevens point, WI on
its nothing too flashy. its your basic computer desk.
0 out of 1 found this review helpful.
Posted by: japple from: on
the desk is ok....im satisfied with the desk...but.....the keyboard tray is not good at all. the shelf doesn't stay on the tracks. its like they dont line up correctly. poor design.
0 out of 1 found this review helpful.
like the space
Posted by: princessd from: oklahoma on
Right amount of space for office in extra room. The setup time was a plus.
1 out of 5 found this review helpful.
NIce Desk but DONT BUY!!!!!!!
Posted by: BigDaddyOKC from: Oklahoma CIty on
After I finallally got it put together, the thing is very flimsy... The middle section makes it very hard to move even with 2 people... It seems to kind of buck or something. I fllowed the directions while putting it together.. I would keep the desk but two things. 1. The keyboard tray is to small to hold my keyboard and mouse. 2. Like I said before its very flimsy to move... Doesnt seem like the middle glass peace has enough to support anything...
2 out of 10 found this review helpful.
Posted by: toms from: on
Great desk-great space for ideal work and computer use
0 out of 0 found this review helpful.
Product images, including color, may differ from actual product appearance.