No minimum for My Best Buy® Elite and Elite Plus members. Minimum purchase of $35 on eligible products required. Excludes select digital items, scheduled delivery items and items displaying \"In Store Only\" message.
Walking Tall: The Trilogy [3 Discs] (DVD) (Enhanced Widescreen for 16x9 TV) (Eng)
- SKU: 19980785
- Release Date: 05/15/2012
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Ratings & Reviews
- Documentary featuring new interviews with Actors Joe Don Baker, Leif Garrett, Dawn Lyn, Bruce Glover, members of Buford Pusser's family (including his daughter Dwana Pusser) and many more
- Final Chapter: Walking Tall vintage featurette with behind-the-scenes footage
- Trailers and TV spots
A runaway box-office hit to the tune of 17 million dollars, Walking Tall is the unabashedly manipulative story of real-life Tennessee sheriff Buford Pusser. As played by Joe Don Baker, Pusser can either be regarded as a tireless champion of justice or a baseball-bat-wielding hooligan. But with some of the most scurrilous villains this side of a Republic serial as the main targets of Pusser's wrath, the audience cannot help but applaud the sheriff's strongarm methods. When the town baddies seek vengeance by killing Pusser's wife (Elizabeth Hartman), the you-know-what really hits the fan! Never resorting to subtlety, Walking Tall was such a winner that it spawned two sequels, a made-for-television movie, and a weekly TV series -- none of which were enjoyed by the real Buford Pusser, who had long since died under questionable circumstances. At the time of the film's theatrical release, the MPAA rating system was comparatively new, so the studio launched an ad campaign aimed at parents, letting them know that the R-rated Walking Tall contained violence and not sex, and therefore was good family entertainment. ~ Hal Erickson, Rovi
Walking Tall, Part 2
Tennessee Sheriff Buford Pusser and his trusty club return in this sequel. As with the first, he continues his single handed crusade against organized crime. Violence ensues. ~ Sandra Brennan, Rovi
Walking Tall: The Final Chapter
Rated R for violence, this is another of the promises broken to us by the movie industry. When they promise that we won't have to see something again, why can't they make it happen? Although this, like the Jason movies (Friday the 13th ad nauseam), is followed by a made for TV movie and a series, they really have to be prequels to this "final chapter," as dictated by the fiery conclusion of the movie. The story of a sheriff who just isn't going to take it anymore, it is based on a true story but, as with all Hollywood fare, made larger than life. ~ Tana Hobart, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Leif Garrett - Pusser Child
- Luke Askew - Pinky Dobson
- Noah Beery, Jr. - Carl Pusser
- William Bryant - FBI Agent
- John Davis Chandler - Ray Henry
Best Buy Customer Reviews
1 out of 1 found this review helpful.
2 out of 2 found this review helpful.