- SKU: 20595212
- Release Date: 11/13/2012
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Ratings & Reviews
- New Video Essay by Writer and Filmmaker Kent Jones
- Archival Interviews with actors Mireille Darc and Jean Yanne, Cinematographer Raoul Coutard, and Assistant Director Claude Miller
- Excerpt from a French television program on Director Jean-Luc Godard, featuring on-set footage from Weekend shot by filmmaker Philippe Garrel
- Plus: a Booklet featuring an essay by critic and novelist Gary Indiana, selections from Alain Bergala's book Godard au travail: Les années 60, and an excerpt from a 1969 interview with Godard
French filmmaker Jean-Luc Godard's Le Weekend remains his most consistently relentless attack on the bourgeois values of his own country and the perceived imperialism of the United States. Mireille Darc plays the central character, an "average" woman who is systematically radicalized during a weekend motor trip. No sooner have the woman and her husband (Jean Yanne) embarked on their journey than they become enmeshed in the mother of all traffic jams. The motorists rave, rant, burn, rape, murder, pillage and even descend into cannibalism -- all of which is treated by Godard as a natural progression of events. The prevalent theory that Jean-Luc Godard had intended Weekend as the apotheosis of his career is bolstered by the film's last two titles: "End of Film." "End of Cinema." ~ Hal Erickson, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Mireille Darc - Corinne
- Jean Yanne - Roland
- Jean-Pierre Kalfon - Leader of the FLSO
- Valerie Lagrange - His Moll
- Jean Eustache - Hitchhiker
0 out of 0 found this review helpful.