- SKU: 9021042
- Release Date: 02/20/2007
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
- New, restored high-definition digital transfer
- Optional dolby digital 3.0 soundtrack, preserving the original perspecta simulated stereo effects
- Audio commentary by Japanese-film scholar Donald Richie, author of A Hundred Years of Japanese Film
- New video interview with actor Tatsuya Nakadai
- Theatrical trailer
- New and improved English subtitle translation
- Plus: A booklet featuring essays by Phillip Lopate, Catherine Russell, Audi Bock, and Hideko Takamine
Filmmaker Mikio Naruse takes a characteristic dour look at life in When A Woman Ascends the Stairs. The central character is a barmaid, who works day and night to avoid being thrown out into the street. She knows that, if she loses her job, the only profession open to her is the World's Oldest. But when the worst happens, the barmaid learns to live with herself while compromising her values. The film's original title was Onna Ga Kaidan O Agaru Toki. ~ Hal Erickson, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Hideko Takamine - Keiko Yashiro
- Daisuke Kato - Matsukichi Sekine
- Keiko Awaji - Yuri
- Reiko Dan - Junko Inchihashi
- Tatsuya Nakadai - Kenichi Komatsu, the bartender