- SKU: 4490401
- Release Date: 03/19/2002
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
- Digitally mastered audio and anamorphic video
- Widescreen presentation
- Audio: English (Dolby Surround)
- Subtitles: English
- Audio commentary with the filmmakers
- Original featurette: "Simply Wilde"
- New, exclusive to DVD featurette: "Still Wild About Wilde"
- DVD-ROM: the complete content of the Official Wilde Website
- Photo montage
- Theatrical trailers
- Interactive menus
- Scene selections
- Production notes
Literary genius, legendary wit, bon vivant, and gay martyr, Oscar Wilde was a man whose legend has grown to iconic proportions since his death at the beginning of the 20th century. Establishing Wilde (Stephen Fry) as a loving family man, complete with a wife (Jennifer Ehle) and two adorable sons, the film takes pains to portray him as a dignified genius who was as pained by what he considered his own sin -- his homosexuality -- as he was delighted by the sins of others. From his initial encounters with Robbie Ross (Michael Sheen), his first male lover, through his tragic affair with the beautiful and bratty Alfred Lord Douglas (a perfectly cast Jude Law), Wilde is seen as a conflicted fellow, warring with his own urges even as he dazzles everyone around him. ~ Rebecca Flint Marx, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Stephen Fry - Oscar Wilde
- Jude Law - Lord Alfred Douglas
- Vanessa Redgrave - Wilde's Mother
- Jennifer Ehle - Constance Lloyd
- Gemma Jones - Lady Queensberry