- SKU: 18920679
- Release Date: 02/15/2011
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
- Deleted scene featuring Burroughs' art
- Home movies featuring Patti Smith, Steve Buscemi, Allen Ginsberg, and others
- More of Burroughs' shotgun art
- Sonic Youth visits Burroughs in Lawrence, Kansas
- Naked Lunch 50th anniversary celebration
- "Rub Out the Word" - a music video featuring Burroughs reading the Last Words of Hassan Sabbah
- Patti Smith reads Psalm 23 Revisited
- Q&a with director Yony Leyser at BFI London Film Festival 2010
- With exclusive essays by David Byrne and Richard Hell
The curious life of controversial avant-garde author and Beat poet William S. Burroughs serves as the subject of this documentary from Chicago-based filmmaker Yony Leyser. A gay drug addict who shot to infamy with his unguarded look at the drug and queer cultures, Burroughs made headlines when he shot his wife in Mexico City, and achieved infamy when his groundbreaking novel Naked Lunch was banned in the U.S. David Cronenberg, John Waters, Genesis P-Orridge, Patty Smith, Gus Van Sant, Laurie Anderson, and other celebrities/artists influenced by Burroughs' surreal body of work weigh in on why his influence today is still as strong as it was when he was in peak form. ~ Jason Buchanan, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- William S. Burroughs
- Peter Weller - Narrator/Interviewee
- David Cronenberg
- John Waters
- Iggy Pop