- SKU: 9670889
- Release Date: 05/12/2009
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
- Interviews with actor Brad Dourif, writer Benedict Fitzgerald, and writer-producer Michael Fitzgerald
- Rare archival audio recording of author Flannery O'Connor reading her short story "A Good Man is Hard to Find"
- 26-minute episode of the television program Creativity with Bill Moyers from 1982, featuring director John Huston discussing his life and work
- Theatrical trailer
- Plus: a booklet featuring an essay by author Francine Prose
Set in the Deep South during the postwar era, Wise Blood stars Brad Dourif as an aimless veteran, who decides to become a Bible-thumping preacher (for a questionable concern called "The Church Wihout Christ") principally because he hasn't anything better lined up. Dourif links up with a veteran of the hellfire-and-brimstone circuit, who for business purposes pretends to be blind. The older man persuades Dourif to blind himself for real so that he can truly "see the light" (yes, the movie is that weird). Director Huston, himself, appears as Dourif's grandfather. Adapted from the one-of-a-kind novel by Flannery O'Connor, Wise Blood was a noble experiment but a box-office failure-though, to be fair, Huston never set out to make a blockbuster from O'Connor's offbeat tale. ~ Hal Erickson, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Brad Dourif - Hazel Motes
- Ned Beatty - Hoover Shoates
- Harry Dean Stanton - Asa Hawks
- Dan Shor - Enoch Emory
- Amy Wright - Sabbath Lily Hawks