- SKU: 19370718
- Release Date: 06/21/2011
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
This sophisticated and well-made comedy-drama was one of Pola Negri's best vehicles for Paramount. More often than not, the studio seemed at a loss with what to do with the exotic European star. By placing her in the completely incongruous setting of a small American town (and having Malcolm St. Clair as director), the company created something novel and fun. Because her love affair has gone bad, Italian Countess Elnora Natatorini (Negri) decides to visit a cousin in America, Sam Poore (Chester Conklin). The townsfolk of Maple Valley have never seen a Countess before and her stylish and slightly decadent demeanor alternately delights and shocks them. Country boy Gareth Johns (Charles Emmett Mack) becomes hopelessly infatuated with her. But there is real love between the Countess and district attorney Richard Granger (Holmes Herbert). Granger, however, is a bit of a stuffed shirt, and when he believes that the Countess prefers Johns over him, he denounces her and demands that she be run out of town. The Countess' dilemma is solved when one of the women hands her a horsewhip and tells her to use it on Granger. She does, and it works wonders; in only a few feet of film, the Countess and Granger are headed for the altar. This film was based on the novel The Tattooed Countess by Carl Van Vechten. ~ Janiss Garza, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Pola Negri - Countess Elnora Natatorini
- Charles Emmett Mack - Gareth Johns
- Holmes Herbert - Richard Granger
- Blanche Mehaffey - Lennie Porter
- Chester Conklin - Sam Poore