- SKU: 7022795
- Release Date: 03/15/2005
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
- New, restored digital transfer
- A German Movie, a new video interview with writer-director Volker Schlöndorff in which he reflects upon the making of Young Törless and its subsequent impact
- Rare presentation of the original score by acclaimed composer Hans Werner Henze, with a video introduction by Schlöndorff
- Stills gallery of behind-the-scenes production images and promotional art
- Original theatrical trailer
- New and improved English subtitle translation
- A new essay by film scholar Timothy Corrigan
Robert Musil's novel Die Verwirrungen des Zoglings Torless was the source for this allegorical German film. Mathieu Carriere plays Torless, a student in a costly boarding school during the glory days of the Hapsburg empire. While at school, Carriere is a bystander to the sadistic behavior of fellow students Alfred Dietz and Bernd Tischer. Carriere watches with fascination, but does nothing to intervene or to help his classmates' hapless victims. When Carriere finally does blow the whistle on his friends, it is he who is "invited" to leave the school. The parallels to the Nazi years are deliberately strong. ~ Hal Erickson, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Mathieu Carrière - Torless
- Barbara Steele - Bozena
- Herbert Asmodi - Herr Torless
- Lotte Ledl - Innkeeper