A Musical Journey: Switzerland - Die Schwiez/La Suisse/Svizzera/Svizra/Mountains/Lakes/Waterfalls [DVD] 
This item is no longer available in new condition.
See similar items below.
The Naxos Musical Journey programs pair onscreen tours of famous cities and landmarks with the music that emerged from those locales. This particular volume journeys to the magical, snow-encrusted land of Switzerland, with its dazzling slopes and waterfalls and radiant cultural diversity. The program begins with a journey from Grindelwald to the Jungfraujoch, and a trip of Lake Thun, Trummelbach Waterfalls and The Emmental, before moving into a series of sections that roughly correspond to the country's elegant divisions into German, Italian, French and Romansch-speaking regions. The French segment travels from Geneva to Aigle, the German section glimpses farmers in the Alps, the Italian section ventures to Ascona and Bosco Gurin, and the Romansch section travels to the Santa Maria and Swiss Natural Park in Zernez. Featured on the soundtrack are two compositions by Franz Schubert: his "Unfinished Symphony" from 1822, and his "Fifth Symphony" from 1816.~Nathan Southern
- GenreMusic DVDs,Documentary, Special Interests
- SubgenreArmchair Travel [nf],Music History [nf]
- TitleA Musical Journey: Switzerland - Die Schwiez/La Suisse/Svizzera/Svizra/Mountains/Lakes/Waterfalls
- Countries ProducedUnited States
- Duration58 minutes
- Year of Release1994
- Product TagsDVD
- Program TypeOneTimeOnly
- Sound Featuresstereo
- Region Code0
- StudioNaxos DVD
- Product NameA Musical Journey: Switzerland - Die Schwiez/La Suisse/Svizzera/Svizra/Mountains/Lakes/Waterfalls [DVD]