Ratings & Reviews
- Bringing the War Home: The Cost of Heroism - discover the challenges faced by many of our vetrans whose return home can be as daunting as their time at war.
- Chris Kyle: The Man Behind the Legend - never-before-seen home movies and family, friends and frllow soldiers reveal another side of Chris Kyle.
- Includes commemorative bonus disc, with new documentaries narrated by Bradley Cooper:
- Navy Seals: In War and Peace - join Taya Kyle and legendary SEAL Marcus Luttrell as they illuminate the secret world of America's elite fighting force.
- PLUS: One Soldier's Story: The Journey of American Sniper - join director Clint Eastwood, cast and crew as they overcome enormous creative and logistic obstacles to bring the truth of Navy SEAL Chris Kyle's story to the screen.
- The making of American Sniper
Biopic of Chris Kyle (Bradley Cooper), the most-celebrated sniper in American military history. In the aftermath of 9/11, Kyle decides to serve his country by becoming a Navy SEAL. But with each tour of duty, he grows more detached from his wife and children. As the story opens, we meet carefree brothers Chris and Jeff (Keir O'Donnell) as they work the Texas rodeo circuit. They're cowboys through and through, and despite being notably older than the usual enlistee, Chris pays a visit to his local recruitment office and decides to become a Navy SEAL. Later, at the firing range, he draws on his hunting lessons with his stern father to become an expert marksman. A booze-fueled barroom chat with pretty brunette Taya (Sienna Miller) soon leads to wedding bells, and following the terrorist attacks of 9/11, Kyle is deployed to Iraq for his first tour of duty. There, his reputation as a sniper who never misses makes him a legend among his fellow troops, and earns him the moniker "The Devil of Ramadi" from his enemies. With a substantial bounty on his head, Kyle makes it his personal mission to take out a sadistic Iraqi soldier known as "The Butcher," as well as an elusive enemy marksman with a skill to rival his own. The closer he gets to achieving his goals during repeat tours of duty, however, the more fellow soldiers he sees die, and the further he drifts from Taya and their two children back home. It all leads up to a tense rooftop gunfight in a raging sandstorm -- one that convinces the sniper once and for all to make his family his top priority. Unfortunately, all is not well as Kyle struggles to make the transition back to civilian life, but he discovers that helping his fellow veterans is an effective way to do good and make peace with his wartime experiences. ~ Jeremy Wheeler, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Bradley Cooper - Chris Kyle
- Luke Grimes - Marc Lee
- Sienna Miller - Taya
- Kyle Gallner - Goat-Winston
- Ben Reed - Wayne Kyle