I don't think anyone would dispute that an iPad pro wouldn't stand up to expectations. I was hesitant to get the pro over the regular iPad, what would really be the difference?
(1) The iPad starts at 32GB, which I thought would be enough, but once apps and everything was installed, I would only have 10GB to space! The iPad pro (double the cost of the regular iPad) starts at 64GB of storage. This gives me a lot of wiggle room and then I don't have to worry.
(2) The iPad pro really does respond well to the Apple pen. I haven't tried any other pen with the iPad pro yet, but I like that this option is here. As a college student who is always on the go, I'm glad to have this technology.
(3) Speakers! The regular iPad only has speakers on the bottom of the device. On the other hand, the iPad pro has speakers on the top and bottom. This made a difference to me.
(4) I like the idea that the iPad pro is meant to work with a keyboard. I know that most tablets would work with any bluetooth keyboard, but the iPad pro is meant to work great with the Apple iPad Pro keyboard.
(5) The front facing camera on the regular iPad is a huge disappointment when compared to the iPad pro (or even the iPhone 7, which came out about 6 months before the iPads). I don't really use this feature, but to know that I am paying for a quality product, and the best that Apple can provide isn't included makes me less happy with the purchase. So, buying the iPad pro makes me think that I am buying the best tablet on the market now, which makes me feel good.
(6) Lastly, I am an Apple user. I really considered getting Samsung's flagship tablet, since it seemed to basically stand up to the test without fail. However, I have a MacBook and an iPhone and my life would just be easier if I stuck with Apple.
Overall, I gave the iPad pro 4 stars because it matched my expectations for an Apple device, which are high. It is a great tablet and will certainly prove it's use! However, there isn't much that seems revolutionary with this device. I'm sure that it will work great with iOS 11 that is coming soon.