True wireless noise cancelling Beats Studio Bud are made for music. Designed with a custom acoustic platform, Beats Studio Bud are engineered to deliver powerful, balanced sound in a compact, in-ear form factor. The result — immersive sound that pulls the emotion of music from the studio to your ears to keep you inspired. These earphones feature two listening modes, Active Noise Cancelling (ANC) and Transparency mode, to give you total control of your sound. Each earbud has up to 8 hours of listening time⁴ with two additional charges provided by its pocket-sized charging case to give you up to 24 hours of combined playback.⁵ Beats Studio Bud also offer simple one-touch pairing for Apple¹ and Android² devices.
Active Noise Cancelling (ANC) blocks external noise for immersive listening
Easily switch to Transparency mode to hear the world around you
Simple one-touch pairing for both Apple¹ and Android² devices
High-quality call performance and voice assistant interaction via dual beam-forming mics
IPX4-rated sweat and water resistant earbud³
Three soft eartip sizes for a stable and comfortable fit while ensuring an optimal acoustic seal
Up to 8 hours of listening time⁴ (up to 24 hours combined with pocket-sized charging case)⁵
Activate Siri hands-free just by saying "Hey Siri"⁶
Industry-leading Class 1 Bluetooth® for extended range and fewer dropouts
USB-C universal charging
¹One-touch pairing requires iOS 14.6 or later
²Fast Pair requires location enabled. Full access to features requires an Android 6.0 or newer device with Google Play Service enabled and Google Account
³Beats Studio Bud are sweat and water resistant for non-water sports and exercise. Beats Studio Bud were tested under controlled laboratory conditions, and have a rating of IPX4 under IEC standard 60529.
Sweat and water resistance are not permanent conditions and resistance might decrease as a result of normal wear. Do not attempt to charge wet Beats Studio Bud; refer to https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT209542 for cleaning and drying instructions. The charging case is not sweat or water resistant
⁴Testing conducted by Apple in April 2021 using preproduction Beats Studio Bud and Charging Case units and software paired with iPhone 11 Pro Max units and prerelease software. The playlist consisted of 358 unique audio tracks purchased from the iTunes Store (256-Kbps AAC encoding).
Volume was set to 50% and Active Noise Cancellation and Transparency were turned off. Testing consisted of full Beats Studio Bud battery discharge while playing audio until the first Beats Studio Bud stopped playback.
With Active Noise Cancellation turned on, listening time was up to 5 hours. Battery life depends on device settings, environment, usage, and many other factors.
⁵Testing conducted by Apple in April 2021 using preproduction Beats Studio Bud and Charging Case and software paired with iPhone 11 Pro Max units and prerelease software. The playlist consisted of 358 unique audio tracks purchased from the iTunes Store (256-Kbps AAC encoding).
The drained Beats Studio Bud were charged to 100 percent, then audio playback was resumed until the first Beats Studio Bud stopped playback. This cycle was repeated until both the Beats Studio Bud and charging case were fully discharged.
With Active Noise Cancellation turned on, listening time was up to 15 hours. Battery life depends on device settings, environment, usage, and many other factors
⁶Siri may not be available in all languages or in all areas, and features may vary by area. Internet access is required. Cellular data charges may apply
Beats Studio Buds Totally Wireless Noise Cancelling Earphones
USB-C to USB-C charging cable
Eartips with three size options - S/M/L (medium pre-installed)
'b' logo sticker
Quick start guide
Noise Cancelling (Active)
Ear Tip Sizes Included
Large, Medium, Small
Beats Studio Buds Totally Wireless Noise Cancelling Earphones
Beats by Dr. Dre
Additional Accessories Included
USB-C to USB-C charging cable, eartips with three size options - S/M/L (medium pre-installed), `b' logo sticker
I've owned a few pairs of AirPods over the years, but this is my first pair of Beats-branded headphones or earbuds. AirPods have always been a bit difficult to use with non-Apple devices, and Apple appears to be trying to fill that gap with these new Beats Studio Buds. They are missing a few nice features that you'd get with AirPods, but they also offer a great value for the price.
- On iOS devices, the Studio Buds behave much like AirPods. They are recognized by my iPhone as soon as I open the case with a pop-up for instant pairing. You can see the battery percentages of the buds and the case in your notification center and also control the noise cancellation mode through Control Center. The Studio Buds appear in the "Find My" app in case you lose them. You also get Spatial Audio, allowing you to experience the new Dolby Atmos tracks on Apple Music.
- The Studio Buds provide the most Apple-like experience to Android users compared to any other Apple or Beats device. They support the new Google Fast Pair standard, so they instantly pair with your Android phone when the case is opened for the first time. There is a dedicated Beats Android app used to adjust noise cancellation settings.
- The Studio Buds are surprisingly compact and comfortable. Unlike AirPods, there is no stem that sticks down, and the buds protrude only slightly from my ears. I've worn the Studio Buds for many hours now with the pre-installed medium ear tips and they are very comfortable. After a few minutes, I hardly notice them. I also went on a run with them and they stayed nice and snug in my ears.
- I like the fact that both buds have physical buttons to control play/pause, fast-forward/rewind, and noise cancellation/transparency. Both buttons perform the same functions, so there is no need to remember which button to push to perform a certain function. Even better is that these are actual, physical buttons that you press - not touch controls that might not work with sweaty hands.
- For the price and size, sound quality is rather impressive. These buds include active noise cancellation, although it seems to be more of an afterthought (more on that below). The Studio Buds have plenty of bass, but I've certainly used other buds that pack more of a "kick." The sound profile overall is very crisp and balanced, with nice separation of mids and highs.
- The case charges over USB-C, which will be welcome news to iOS and Android users alike trying to minimize the amount of cables they carry around.
- Beats and Apple make a point of calling these "active noise cancelling" buds, but the noise cancellation is very minimal. I hardly notice a difference when I turn noise cancellation off completely. With it on, I can still hear a lot of ambient noise like typing on a keyboard, traffic noise, and voices. I can't imagine these would do very well on an airplane. On the other hand, "transparency" mode works pretty well and should serve you well for holding quick conversations with the Studio Buds in your ears.
- The case does not support wireless charging, something that seems to be somewhat standard in premium wireless earbuds.
- Your music or content does not pause when you take the buds out of your ears. This was surprising to me given how Apple is usually very attentive to details like this.
- If you have multiple Apple devices, these will not automatically switch over from one to the other when you start playing content.
- Microphone performance is poor, at best. People on the other end of my calls reported that I sounded "far away" or that my voice was distorted. In louder areas, the mic pics up a lot of ambient noise.
The Beats Studio Buds offer a nice step up from Apple's standard AirPods, especially for Android users. I prefer the design of the Studio Buds to AirPods, but there are some Apple-centric features missing like automatic pausing and device switching. I also found the Studio Buds more comfortable than standard AirPods with a more well-rounded sound profile. Apple users who want the full Apple experience may want to look at the AirPods Pro, but for those who are willing to sacrifice some small features - including Android users - the Beats Studio Buds represent a nice compromise and a good value. Recommended!
I would recommend this to a friend
Rating 4 out of 5 stars with 1 review
Beats in a Smaller Package
--- SETUP ---
The Beats Studio Buds are easy to connect. Keep them in the charging case, go to the bluetooth settings of your device, and when you’re ready, open the Beats case and the device will recognize them. They come pre-charged so you can use them right out of the box. Alternatively, if your device supports it, you can do the one-touch pairing by click on the center button inside the charging case.
--- FEATURES ---
Two listening modes: Active Noise Canceling (ANC) and Transparency mode, 8 hours on each earbud and two full charges with included changing case for a total of 24 hours before recharge is needed, small case, one-touch pairing for Apple and Android devices.
--- PERFORMANCE ---
The ear buds perform phenomenally. I took them for a stroll at a local mall, which was loud. I could clearly tell the difference between the active noise canceling (ANC) feature on and off. What ANC does is, it prevents ambient noise from interfering with your music. It’s like listening to music in a vacuum. The music itself sounded great. The base was deep while the voices were crisp and clear for all of my song choices. I didn’t have to raise the volume too high to be able to enjoy my music, thanks to the ANC. Initially, I had to keep adjusting the ear buds because I felt they were going to fall. I decided to sit down and change the ear gels to the smaller ones and after that, they felt more comfortable and secure. The buttons on both sides of the earbuds have the exact same function, so whichever ear you go and press will do what you want. 1 press pauses the music or answers phone calls, 2 presses advance a track, and three presses restart a track. Holding down the button turns ANC on/off. Speaking of phone calls, I was very clearly able to hear the people who called me on the phone while they were able to hear me clearly as well. I found this impressive, as the microphone is all the way to my ear.
--- EXPECTATIONS ---
The case is sturdy and has a magnetic clasp. I got the red beats, so it and the buds look stylish and stand out anywhere I go. They charge with a USB-C cable. The case can provide 2 8 hour charges plus the 8 hour charge in the buds for a total of 24 hours of use. A 5 minute recharge will give you 1 hour of use. The case is not waterproof and won’t stand on it’s own but rather lay sideways.
At first, it was a bit confusing on how to wear the earbuds. The packaging does provide instructions on how to put them on and it wasn’t initially intuitive. The earbuds are light and easy to charge. They are magnetic and will automatically stick in their right place in the case. For the best fit, try the various ear gels provided to find yours. The only feature I miss compared to my previous buds are that these do not have an auto-pause feature. What that does is that when you remove one of the earbuds, the music pauses until you put your earbud back into your ear. Another thing I didn’t like was that you can’t turn the earbuds off without reinserting them in the case. This is a useful feature because sometimes, the case isn’t readily available to you, like at the gym.
--- VALUE ---
For the price, you are getting good quality sound for 24 hours straight before having to recharge them.
--- APPROVAL ---
These are stylized, light earbuds that will last a long time. I recommend these for the audiophile in the family to be used in light activities such as walking or lite jogs, but definitely not for fast paced activities.
I've been testing the Beats Studio buds for about 3 days, and I think these are a really nice and good-looking set of basic earbuds.
The reason I say they are basic is because there’s no wireless charging, equalizer, or volume controls on the buds. The only premium feature is noise cancelling and transparency mode. Unfortunately, both aren’t that good. I would happily trade noise cancelling for volume control.
Now that that is out of the way, there is still a lot to like about these buds. For instance, the buds feel secure in my ear, and I can wear them for a few hours at a time without discomfort. The case comfortably slips in and out of my pocket without looking or feeling weird. Bluetooth pairs quickly and maintains a strong connection. Additionally, the battery life is excellent. I probably used the buds for 11 hours in the last 3 days and the case still has 50% battery life. Most importantly, sound production while listening to hip hop, pop or acoustic music all sound great.
With that being said, I do recommend these earbuds because they are well built, sound great, have good Bluetooth connection and a great battery. Just know that they are a basic set of buds hiding inside a premium case.
THAT BASS!!!!! You can hear and distinguish the miss from the highs and the lows are just HITTING!!!! I love these beats almost more then my power beats pro. Keyword, “almost!” I really like the compact case, it just needs wireless charging to be perfect. I barely notice that it’s in my pocket cause of it’s compact size. The silicone tips are soft and fit good, well almost. I have to use the smallest tip on the left bud and a medium on the right due to my left ear canal being smaller. I installed the extended double bud tip from my power beats and both of the studio buds fit perfect and sound great! However, I had to change the tips back cause they don’t charge with the double tip on and in the case. I really like the noise canceling and transparency features. I think the price point is good for the sound, fit, compact case size and noise cancellation.
5 out of 5
4 out of 5
Ease of Use
4 out of 5
I would recommend this to a friend
Rating 5 out of 5 stars with 1 review
Impressive Sound, Amazing Style
I’ve been using these Beats Studio Buds exclusively for the past 4 days and its been a mostly pleasant experience. I haven’t owned a pair of Beats headphones or earbuds since before Apple bought and took over the brand. I remember Beats being very loud and bass heavy back in the day, I also remember them not being very comfortable for extended use. These Studio Buds are a great example of how the brand has evolved and improved in the years since Apple acquired them. The charging case is very elegant , I love the look and feel of the case and earbuds, It has the universal USB C charging port, which any person can take advantage of regardless of what your OS of choice is. They pair with an iPhone just as easily as the apple AirPods and you’ll get the same battery widget on your phone to keep track of your earbuds battery life. I didn’t get to try them on an android phone but Ive read that you get the same software support on android with them. You may have to download the Beats app on android though. The active noise cancellation on these buds is pretty impressive. I work in an environment where noise easily reaches 100 decibels and they did a solid job of keeping out the noise. I have a window a/c unit in my bedroom and these earbuds completely cancel out the loud white noise it makes. I couldn’t even tell it was on while listening to music.
I think sound quality on these earbuds is quite good. They are well tuned, I wouldn’t say they have the typical Beats heavy bass that drowns out every other tone in a song but the bass is still there. I feel the bass drop in my ears without it completely destroying the mids , highs and vocals. I listen to everything from classical to metal and they handle every note well. I would recommend these to anyone looking for an excellent set of wireless earbuds. They sound great, and they’ve worked flawlessly. No issues with Bluetooth connection, no disconnects, and battery life is great. I juice them up every other day and they haven’t let me down. And they look great! If you’re trying to decide whether or not to buy these go ahead and grab a set of these, I think you’ll love them as much as I do, I am honestly surprised that these are being sold at this price.
pros: Sound great, look great
Comfortable to wear for extended use
Great active noise cancelling
No connection issues and compatible with Android or iPhone
Cons: No complaints from me
If you have never owned any other ANC wireless earbuds, you may really like these. However, I thought after I had one of my Pro earbuds crushed I would give this a try as an alternative. The transition was not as good as I thought it would be.
The transparency mode is NOT at all on the level of quality of the Pro's in my opinion. The seal on my ears are not as nice either and the buttons on the side are not as convenient as being able to press the stubs on the Pro's.
If you want to move them to readjust the seal (for me happens a lot) you might find yourself pausing the music more often then not. You have to grasp the sides just so.
Not my ideal headphones.
The quality of the overall package is also not as good as you would expect form something that is Beats branded. I know they are considerably cheaper than the others available, but $150 is still not cheap by any means.
The Beat Studio Buds are a great for music the sound is exactly what you need. Battery life is great haven’t ran out of juice on either eat yet. (between be charging the case here and there)
I would recommend these to anyone looking for good sound quality with earbuds.
Fit: I noticed myself that I use a larger fit in my right ear and then the original size (Medium fit) in my left. If they don’t fit your ears switch out the silicone sizes and see what fits for you.
Few things that hold these back right now :
1. When answering calls and using facetime the audio does not switch automatically to your studio buds , you will have to do that part manually. With the Air pods you don’t have that issue.
2. If your adjusting your Studio buds while in your ear you could accidentally hang up/end a call by pressing the (b) beats button. I’ve done it a few times myself and it takes a little practice to adjust them without hanging up on someone.
3. (Opinion) Quality could be a bit better with the Studio buds case . Feels a bit cheap for the Beats brand and i’ve dropped the case on tile and the both buds will fly out occasionally haha. I dropped them (accidentally, again ) in a parking lot but this time the buds did not fly away.
Brought these today and I’m really impressed with the sound and quality. I’m also a beats pro owner and other than the size of the two, bass, treble and sound quality are exactly the same. I’m VERY IMPRESSED with my new addition to my beats earphone collection!!!