dual-funded, byod, 1:1, best buy education
PUT TECH INTO THE HANDS OF EVERY KID
With our dual-funded BYOD program, we offer a sustainable way to implement connected devices into schools faster, better and more affordably.
BEST BUY EDUCATION
ACHIEVE 1:1 FASTER WITH OUR FIRST-IN-THE-NATION DUAL-FUNDED BYOD PROGRAM
Our first-in-the-nation dual-funded BYOD program combines the best of school-funded 1:1 and family-funded BYOD to make the experience a win-win. Instead of asking either families or schools to pay the full cost of devices, the dual-funded model allows them to partner on the project. Families and schools share the cost of each student’s device and, at the end of the day, the families own the device. It’s a financially sustainable way to implement connected devices into schools faster and better.
One of the key components of the dual-funded model is the control schools have over the device assortment. This level of control decreases the demand for IT support, while increasing the ability of teachers to teach. By controlling the assortment, schools are able to choose the devices that fit into their existing technology plan, which ensures that all devices will work in the classroom. Additionally, teachers no longer have to act as technical support for the multiple platforms and operating systems that could be in their classroom with the other two device-buying models. It helps keep connected classrooms focused and on-task.
DUAL-FUNDED BYOD BENEFITS INCLUDE:
- Dedicated Account Manager works with you every step of the way. Programs are co-launched into the community for increased understanding, support and success.
- Schools control the device assortment so they can ensure all devices will work with the curriculum and the network, while still providing choice to families.
- Students choose from the pre-selected device assortment and families are assured the device will work on the school’s network.
- A custom e-procurement site promises a consistent purchasing experience for all families regardless of socio-economic concerns.
- Financial sustainability of dual-funded BYOD makes it possible for schools to save money on device procurement and redistribute those resources to other programs.