Brothers and Sisters [CD]
This item is no longer available in new condition.
See similar items below.
- SubgenreAlbum Rock,Blues-Rock,Hard Rock,Slide Guitar Blues,Southern Rock,Boogie Rock,Guitar Virtuoso
- Release Date10-14-1997
- ArtistThe Allman Brothers Band
- Album Level FlagsDigitally Remastered, Limited Edition, Studio Recording
- Release Level FlagsDigitally Remastered, Studio Recording
- No Of Songs7
- Album Length2312 seconds
- Explicit ContentNo
- Style(s)Album Rock, Blues-Rock, Hard Rock, Slide Guitar Blues, Southern Rock, Boogie Rock, Guitar Virtuoso
- LabelCapricorn / Polydor
- Product NameBrothers and Sisters [CD]
- GenreBlues, Rock
- Vendor GenreBlues, Pop/Rock
Rating 4.5 out of 5 stars with 2 reviews(2 Reviews)
Rating 5 out of 5 stars with 1 review
Welcome Chuck Leavell to the ABB!Posted .
This is the first studio album after the loss of both Duane and Berry. A tough time for many bands but the ABB kept on chuggin. The addition of Chuck Leavell took them in a slightly different but interesting direction as evidenced by "Jessica", "Rambling Man" and "Wasted Words" where his piano playing was a nice addition. Dicky Betts took over somewhat here as well in his usual funky country-rock ways. Lamar Williams did a great job providing an excellent bass sound in place of Berry Oakley (album is dedicated to Berry) but no one could really ever replace either Berry or Duane. And yes, Gregg Allman shows up with his distinctive soulful crooning on "Come & Go Blues", an ABB song without a doubt with more Chuck on piano! Overall, one of the best ABB albums made after the passing of Duane & Berry. I also hold the distinction of owning this album autographed by Dicky but more importantly by "Jessica Leigh Betts" for whom "Jessica" was written for. She wrote her name in crayon at a young age when I met them in Detroit.I would recommend this to a friend
Rating 4 out of 5 stars with 1 review
Good Southern rockPosted .
I have always liked the Allman Bros and added this to my collectionI would recommend this to a friend