Best Buy does not sell (as “sell” is traditionally defined) your personal information.
That is, we don’t provide your name, phone number, address, email address or other personal information to third parties in exchange for money.
But under California law, sharing information for advertising purposes may be considered a “sale.” If you’ve visited our website or used our mobile apps within the past 12 months and you’ve seen ads, under California law your information might have been “sold” to our advertising partners.
As part of online advertising, we and our advertising partners may collect information about your interactions with us when you visit our website or use our mobile apps. This information includes:
- Type of device, operating system and/or browser you’re using
- Cookies stored on your browser
- Identifiers, including advertising identifiers on your device
- IP address of your device
- Your browsing and purchasing behavior while on our website
- Best Buy domain name
- Website you visited before you visited our site
- Other data or information normally captured as part of online advertising activities
We may share this information with third-party
Why does Best Buy share this information?
We, along with our advertising partners, use the information we collect through cookies and similar technologies to provide a more personalized experience on our website and mobile apps. Sharing this information with advertising partners lets us tailor and deliver advertising that may be more relevant or interesting to you.