My phone has a cracked screen
Cracked screens require in-store service, which Best Buy provides. Best Buy uses authorized parts directly from the manufacturer to fix cracked screens, among many other issues. Make a reservation with one of our Geek Squad® Agents to have your device looked at.
My phone will not turn on
- Try a different charger to see if it will charge the phone.
- With a working charger, leave the device plugged in and try turning on the phone. If the phone turns on, but won't stay on without being plugged in, there is a hardware issue with the phone. Schedule a reservation with a Geek Squad Agent.
- If the device doesn't turn on when trying different chargers, the battery is most likely not holding or receiving a charge. This can be fixed by making a reservation with a Geek Squad Agent.
My phone dies because of short battery life
- One of the most common reasons for battery issues is applications running in the background. Go into the settings for your phone and turn off the apps you do not need running in the background.
- Decrease the brightness of the display, or use the automatic brightness setting.
- When you use your device to access data, a Wi-Fi connection uses less power than a cellular network — so keep your Wi-Fi on at all times.
- Turn off location services for any apps that are running.
- If you've tried these tips and still have battery issues, please make a reservation with a Geek Squad Agents to diagnose the issue.