Ratings & Reviews
- Audio Commentaries:
- Director/co-writer Jim Wynorski, actress Kelli Maroney, and co-writer/2nd unit director Steve Mitchell
- Historians/authors Nathaniel Thompson (Mondo Video) and Ryan Turek (Shock Till You Drop)
- Director/co-writer Jim Wynorski and co-writer/2nd unit director Steve Mitchell
- Isolated score track
- "Back to the Mall"
- "Chopping Chopping Mall"
- "The Killbots"
- "Scoring Chopping Mall"
- "The Robot Speaks!"
- "The Lost Scene"
- "Army of One"
- "Chopping Mall: Creating the Killbots"
This high-tech spin on the slasher genre pits a group of sex-obsessed teens spending the night in a shopping mall against the mall's marauding robotic security guards -- whose programming turns homicidal after a bolt of lightning scrambles their control circuits. Director Jim Wynorski cut his exploitation teeth working for Roger Corman's legendary "B"-movie factory New World Pictures in the '70s and '80s, and this film's comic early scenes contain homages to that outfit's heyday -- with humorous cameos from Paul Bartel and Mary Woronov (reprising their characters Paul and Mary Bland from Bartel's Eating Raoul) and the ubiquitous Dick Miller. The majority of the film, however, is essentially a teens-in-jeopardy story, with the lethal bots unleashing their amped-up arsenal and bringing the victims to nasty ends amid buckets of gore -- such as the unforgettable moment when one woman's head is targeted by one of the droids and blown up like an overripe melon. (The shot is repeated during the end credits.) ~ Cavett Binion, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Kelli Maroney - Allison Parks
- Tony O'Dell - Bernie
- Russell Todd - Rick Stanton
- Karrie Emerson - Linda Stanton
- Barbara Crampton - Suzie Lynn