Best Buy Affiliate Program
The Best Buy Affiliate Program commission rates (below) are subject to change. Details regarding these rates can also be found in the LinkShare Publisher Dashboard when you officially join the Program.
Laptops, Tablets, Desktops, Video Game Hardware (including Virtual Reality Hardware), Point of Sale Activation (POSA) Cards and Apple-branded Watches
All Other Product Categories (excluding the 0.0% Categories above)
Geek Squad® Services
Mobile Phones with Service Plan Activations (Excludes Plans with iPhone® Hardware)
Fitness Equipment and Accessories (Excludes Wearables)
Baby Gear and Furniture (Excludes Electronics and Toys)
Best Buy does not pay commissions on gift cards, warranties, or transactions on 3rd-party websites.
Affiliate marketing is an online advertising channel in which advertisers (online merchants that sell products or services) pay publishers (independent parties that promote the products or services of an advertiser on their website) only for results, such as a visitor making a purchase or filling out a form, rather than paying simply to reach a particular audience. This "pay-for-performance" model is in essence the modern version of the "finders'-fee" model, where individuals who introduce new clients to a business are compensated. The difference in the case of affiliate marketing is that advertisers pay their publishers only when the new client introduction results in a sale or a lead, making it a low-risk, high-reward environment for both parties.
You can sign up for the Best Buy Affiliate Program through our partnership with LinkShare. An affiliate marketing company, LinkShare has technology that will allow you to track your BestBuy.com sales and earn commissions on the BestBuy.com purchases that you generate through your links.
The Best Buy APIs provide access to our product catalog, ratings and reviews, our categories of data, and our store locations. The Best Buy APIs give you access to full product information, including pricing, availability, specifications, descriptions and images for nearly one million current and historical products. By releasing our data via these APIs, we are offering you the ability to create and innovate in ways Best Buy may never have thought of.
Learn how to use Best Buy APIs to develop applications and earn commissions in the Best Buy Affiliate Program.
As a publisher in the Best Buy Affiliate Program, you will be provided with frequent communication to ensure that you are aware of our most current offers and promotions. We have a few different forms of communication that you will receive over the duration of our relationship:
- Your first communication will arrive from the Best Buy Affiliate Team, welcoming you to our program when your application is accepted.
- Once you join the program, you will receive our weekly affiliate newsletter in your LinkShare mail. The newsletter includes our top offers and promotions for the week.
- Within a few weeks of joining the program, you will receive an additional, personalized e-mail from a member of our team at LinkShare. This e-mail will provide you with more information to jumpstart your promotion of Best Buy so you can get some helpful direction and start earning money fast. We'll provide tips, great promotions, and specific products that Best Buy wants you to help promote.
- Furthermore, as part of our newsletter efforts, you will receive notifications about our 2-day and 3-day sales as they arise, special announcements (alerts about changes to the program terms or other high-priority messages), and holiday offers and promotions.
- You may occasionally hear directly from one of our team members at Best Buy or LinkShare. In an effort to ensure that the program grows and our publishers are successful, we may contact you to build the relationship, optimize our placements, or participate in a survey or sales contest. We value our publishers and want this to be a successful partnership.
Your best bet is our weekly newsletter. This newsletter comes out on Fridays — before the new deals hit the site or the newspaper — and our publishers count on it as the primary source of offers and deals for the week. Our only request is that you wait until Sunday to post these offers.
As a commitment to our publishers, we have assigned more resources to making the Best Buy Affiliate Program a top program in the LinkShare network. We have a wide variety of promotional banners and text links, a specific redirect link (so that you can link to individual products), a robust product catalog, video widgets, and open APIs. We welcome you to use any and all of these tools as you see fit. If you have any thoughts or feedback on them, please share it with us.
The action referral period is one day.
Best Buy pays its affiliates on a monthly basis. Best Buy extends all transactions each month, so your initial payment for Best Buy sales will come 60 days after your first Best Buy sale (e.g., for sales that post in January, you will be paid in late March). LinkShare issues checks for total earned commissions at no minimum.
LinkShare offers near-real-time reporting where publishers can view sales/orders that have been placed. Please note that monthly payments may vary from publisher reporting due to cancellations, returns, and removal of fraudulent orders.
Best Buy batches in returns and cancelled orders on a daily basis the day after they are processed at Best Buy. The return/cancellation rate is quite low, due to the fact that Best Buy only submits shipped orders into LinkShare.
Missing orders are reviewed twice a month. Best Buy reviews missing orders that are entered into LinkShare's Transaction Inquiry Manager. Per the Best Buy Special Terms and Conditions, Best Buy only reviews missing orders that are 90 days old or less.
Brand and trademark bidding in any form is not allowed in the Best Buy Affiliate Program. We highly recommend that publishers make the Best Buy brand (as well as any misspellings) a negative match in search campaigns. When you accept the program term in LinkShare, you are also agreeing to our search policy. Please review it carefully prior to accepting the program terms to ensure that you will abide by them.
Please e-mail us at BestBuyAffiliateProgram@bestbuy.com.
Yes, Best Buy pays commissions on qualifying orders placed through a mobile phone or tablet device as long as a customer went through an approved LinkShare tracking link.