TERMS AND CONDITIONS: COPYRIGHT LICENSE AND RELEASE FOR BEST BUY EMPLOYEE USER-GENERATED CONTENT
Throughout these terms and conditions (“Terms”), the words “we,” “us,” and “our,” and “Best Buy” refer to Best Buy Co., Inc., its parent, subsidiaries, and affiliates. Any reference to “owner,” “you,” or “your” means the person granting Best Buy rights under these Terms.
LICENSE: In consideration for having your photograph and/or other form of visual content that you tag with the hashtag #BestBuyCameraExperts, including any content you publish through your personal accounts on social media (e.g., Facebook™, Twitter™, Instagram™, and Pinterest™) (“Images”), considered for inclusion and display on Best Buy–owned webpages, including but not limited to Best Buy’s digital imaging expert webpage, the sufficiency of which is acknowledged and agreed, you agree as follows:
- You grant to Best Buy a perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free right and license to use, modify, reproduce, and display the Images on Best Buy–owned webpages, including but not limited to Best Buy’s digital imaging expert webpage (“License”). You also grant us the right to use the social media handle that you use when you share Images with us.
- You agree that Best Buy has the perpetual right to use the Images and may also use the Images for other archival, internal, public relations or portfolio purposes.
- You agree that all right, title and interest in the Images, including without limitation, any copyright, shall remain with owner.
- You agree that all right, title and interest in any derivative works, modifications, developments and improvements relating to the Images, including without limitation, any copyright, shall remain with Best Buy.
- You agree that Best Buy does not have to submit the Images or materials incorporating the Images to you for inspection or approval prior to use and that Best Buy is not liable to you for anything in connection with its use of the Images or anything it does to the Images, including distortions, alterations, special effects and so on.
- You represent and warrant that you are the owner of the Images or otherwise have the authority to enter into and grant this License to Best Buy. You further represent and warrant that, to the best of your knowledge, the Images do not, and use thereof as permitted under the License will not, violate any rights of any third party, including, but not limited to, any copyright or other intellectual property right.
- You represent and warrant that you are a current Best Buy employee; that the rights you are granting to Best Buy do not conflict with any other agreements, restrictions or commitments you have; that you have read and understand the terms of this License; and that you are eighteen (18)* years of age or older and have the right to enter into contracts in your own name. (*19 years of age required in the States of Alabama, Nebraska, and Wyoming. 21 years of age required in the State of Mississippi.)
RELEASE: For instances in which the Images contain your likeness, or the likeness of your minor child (“Photographs”), for good and valuable consideration, the sufficiency of which is acknowledged and agreed, you agree as follows:
- You hereby grant Best Buy and those Best Buy authorizes the absolute right and permission to use and publish photographs, without restriction as to changes or alterations, which contain your likeness or the likeness of your minor child, and to use your (and/or your minor child’s) first name or a fictitious name in connection with the Photographs.
- Your agree that the Photographs may be used by Best Buy in perpetuity on Best Buy–owned webpages, including but not limited to Best Buy’s digital imaging expert webpage, and for other archival, internal, public relations or portfolio purposes.
- You agree that Best Buy does not have to submit the Images to you for inspection or approval prior to use by Best Buy.
- You hereby release Best Buy, its officers, employees, and agents from any and all claims and demands in connection with the use of the Photographs including, without limitation, any and all claims for libel, invasion of privacy or an expectation of confidentiality.
- You have read the foregoing and fully understand the contents hereof.