At first glance, the instructions to put this together were simple and straightforward. However the ‘particle board’ described as wood and the screws were cheaply made. The wood finish of the board could easily be marred with just the slightest bump and the screws were easily stripped when attempting to screw into the board to mesh with the wood. In screwing in a screw, flecks of the wood-like finish would easily fleck and chip off. I accepted this and just proceeded delicately. Still, with the very last screw, It was so stripped, I could not finish the job. I ended up calling Customer Service and they were pleasant enough and assisted with sending additional screws (as again some were stripped and not able to be screwed in all the way (again mesh with the board), which doesn’t allow for the unit to go together evenly.) BUT this meant, I would have to wait until the additional screws arrived – approx.. 4 to 6 days. (It would be nice if they included extra screws for this problem, because I don’t see it going away if the materials are this cheap.) I eventually made the original screw(s) work with using pliers to complete screwing them in all the way. The unit is now together and standing, much more secure than it appeared it would be at first. But overall, I expected a higher quality with spending $100.00+ for this. Also, I had a timeline of wanting this TV stand up and ready for the TV that was delivered the next day. Things did not go smoothly and my room was not put together properly and timely for the holiday season.