Ratings & Reviews
- Audio commentary with director Stuart Gordon and writer Ed Naha
- Audio commentary with actress Carolyn Purdy-Gordon and other cast members
- Toys of Terror: The Making of Dolls - an all-new retrospective featuring interviews with director Stuart Gordon, producer Brian Yuzna, stars Carolyn Purdy-Gordon, Ian Patrick Williams, executive producer Charles Band, special make-up effects artists Gabe Bartalos and John Vulich and more!
- Storyboard-to-film comparison
- Theatrical trailer
- And more...
Young Judy Bower (Carrie Lorraine) is spending the summer with her stupid, abusive father, David (Ian Williams), and nasty stepmother, Rosemary (Carolyn Purdy-Gordon). On a dark and stormy night, their car breaks down on a lonely road in the woods and they are forced to seek shelter. As they walk, Rosemary throws Judy's beloved teddy bear into the woods, and the imaginative child envisions it coming to life as a great fanged beast which slaughters her tormentors. The idea of loyal toys protecting their young owners from the ravages of the adult world is forcefully made, and imbues the rest of the film. They come upon a creepy old house owned by elderly Gabriel Hartwick (Guy Rolfe) and his wife, Hilary (Hilary Mason). Gabriel is a doll-maker and dazzles Judy with his collection of exquisitely detailed creations. Another car breaks down in the storm as well, bearing amiable Ralph Morris and two trampy hitchhikers. What they and the Bowers don't know is that the dolls are alive, and protect the young (Judy) and the young at heart (Ralph) from the evils of adulthood. ~ Robert Firsching, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Carolyn Purdy-Gordon - Rosemary Bower
- Carrie Lorraine - Judy Bower
- Guy Rolfe - Gabriel Hartwicke
- Hilary Mason - Hilary Hartwicke
- Bunty Bailey - Isabel