Your use of any of our sites is subject to the Conditions of Use for that site.
This Policy applies to:
- The Best Buy mobile apps
- Information we collect in Best Buy stores and at other locations and events under the Best Buy name
- Additional products and services that Best Buy offers. Supplemental details about information collection, use, and sharing relating to those products and services can be found in our:
For simplicity, we will call the Best Buy websites and mobile apps "digital properties" throughout this policy.
What We Collect
Information you give us
We collect and store information you provide through our digital properties and in our stores.
The information we collect from you includes things like:
- Mailing address
- E-mail address
- Phone number
- Credit card number and other payment information
- Your My Best Buy ID if you have one
In certain situations, we may also collect things like:
- Driver's license number (for example, if you return a product or apply for credit)
- Part of your Social Security Number (if you use our renewal notifications services)
- Your whole Social Security Number (if you apply for credit)
- Location information (such as when you ask us to tell you about nearby stores)
- Demographic and lifestyle information (if you sign up for a registry or birthday list)
- IMEI/UDID (a numeric identifier for your mobile device)
- MAC address (another kind of numeric identifier for your mobile device)
- IDFA (Apple's ID for Advertising, a randomly generated number, which can be cleared like cookies)
- Your responses to surveys
Information you give us about others
You may give us information about other people, such as the name and address of a gift recipient, or the name and contact information of someone who will pick up items for you at a store. We will only use this information for the specific reason you provide it.
Information from other sources
We may receive information about you from other sources, including third parties that help us update, expand, and analyze our records and identify new customers, and provide products and services that may be of interest to you.
Information collected automatically online
We collect information about your interactions with us, including the type of device or browser you're using, your IP address, your browsing behavior while on our website, and the URLs of the websites you were at before you visited our site (these are called "referring URLs").
We may permit third-party service providers to collect and process some information from our digital properties. We may share personal information with those providers and may have similar arrangements with interest-based advertisers. We provide more information about interest-based ads below. Our digital properties are not designed to respond to "do not track" requests from browsers.
Some of our digital properties may collect your location to help you search for one of our stores or to use special mobile features within some of our stores. For example, Best Buy works with third parties to provide you helpful messaging in your mobile app when you come to our stores. We also may use this information to determine whether to provide you with content, information, and notices that may be required by law based on your location.
For any mobile application to identify your location, you must enable location services through your mobile device's settings. If you do not want Best Buy to collect this information or to enable these features, you can turn off location services on your mobile device. Best Buy has no control over your device's settings.
Our stores may use cameras for asset protection and other operational purposes, such as measuring traffic patterns and protecting and improving our business.
Reviews and other content you provide
Our websites offer publicly accessible blogs or community forums. Be aware that anyone who accesses these areas may read, collect, and use the information you provide.