Windows Mixed Reality
Immerse Yourself in a New Reality
Ready for amazing experiences that blend digital content with your virtual surroundings? Windows Mixed Reality headsets give you a remarkably immersive world with superior natural-motion fidelity.
Escape into Amazing Experiences
Windows Mixed Reality combines the thrill of VR with a phenomenal sense of presence. With Steam VR, you can dive into more than 2,000 titles, including many of the most popular VR games available today.1
You are leaving BestBuy.com and entering a site hosted and operated by Microsoft. Different terms and conditions apply.
Headsets and ControllersShop all ›
Rated 3.9 out of 5 stars with 55 Reviews3.9 (55)
Windows Mixed Reality or
Windows Mixed Reality Ultra?
The Windows 10 Fall Creators Update powers both Windows Mixed Reality and Windows Mixed Reality Ultra. The version you experience depends on your PC hardware. With Windows Mixed Reality Ultra, you get some additional capabilities and features:
- Crisper visuals and a higher refresh rate (90 frames per second)
- More apps and experiences, including the most graphics-intensive games
- A "mirror" window on your desktop that shows what you see in mixed reality
- The ability to record and share videos and photos of your mixed reality experiences
Make Sure Your PC is Ready for Windows Mixed Reality
See the chart below to learn the minimum requirements you'll need to experience Windows Mixed Reality or Windows Mixed Reality Ultra on your computer.
|Windows Mixed Reality
For those wanting a modern, sleek PC capable of immersive experiences.
|Windows Mixed Reality Ultra
For those wanting powerful machines & best VR games and experiences.
|Headset/Controller Compatibility||Any of the five (5) headsets from Dell, Lenovo, Acer, HP, and Asus are compatible. Any of the motion controllers are compatible. PC-compatible gamepad or mouse/keyboard will work too.|
|Processor||Intel Core i5 (7th generation) CPU, 2 or more physical cores with Intel Hyper-Threading Technology enabled||Intel Core i5 (6th generation) CPU, 4 or more physical cores|
|GPU||Integrated Intel HD Graphics 620 or greater DX12 capable integrated GPU||NVIDIA GTX 965M/AMD RX 460 or greater DX12 capable discrete GPU|
|GPU||Windows Display Driver Model (WDDM) 2.2 or later|
|Thermal Design Power||15W or greater|
|Display||Headset connectors: 1x available graphics display port for headset (HDMI 1.4 or DisplayPort 1.2 or better)||Headset connectors: 1x available graphics display port for headset (HDMI 2.0 or DisplayPort 1.2 or better)|
Resolution: SVGA (800x600) or greater
Bit depth: 32 bits of color per pixel Monitor: connected external or integrated display required for setup and while using the HMD
|Memory||8GB DDR3 or greater + dual channel memory for integrated graphics||8GB DDR3 or greater|
|Memory||>10 GB additional free space|
|Connectivity||1x available USB port for headset (USB 3.0 Type-A or USB 3.0 Type-C). Note: USB must supply a minimum of 900mA. Connector adapter required for USB 3.0 Type-C ports. Bluetooth 4.0 (for accessory connectivity)|
- PC requirements vary for available apps and content. Please see minimum requirements per title.
- Windows Mixed Reality requires a compatible Windows 10 PC and headset, plus the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update; Based on average time between plugging in a Windows Mixed Reality headset to a compatible PC and the start of the Window Mixed Reality experience. Additional time may be require to update your PC to the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update. Learn more at www.windows.com/mixedreality.
To experience sound, including a Skype audio or video call, Cortana and voice dictation, compatible mic-enabled headphones with 3.5mm jack (USB won't be able to connect to headset) have to be plugged into the audio jack on the HMD. Consumers may find compatible headphones by looking for the Cortana badge or Circle icon on product packaging and websites.