To learn more about St. Jude, its mission, services and research, visit stjude.org. You can also connect with St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok and YouTube.
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
More than just a hospital.
Best Buy has been a proud partner of St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital® since 2013. St. Jude is leading the way the world understands, treats and defeats childhood cancer and other life-threatening diseases. Learn more about St. Jude and how Best Buy is committed to aiding its mission of giving every child a future.
- Families never receive a bill from St. Jude for treatment, travel, housing or food — so they can focus on helping their child live.
- When St. Jude opened in 1962, childhood cancer was considered largely incurable. Since then, St. Jude has helped push the overall survival rate from 20% to more than 80%, and they won't stop until no child dies from cancer.
- Each year, an estimated 400,000 children worldwide get cancer, and many will not survive due to the lack of access to quality care. St. Jude believes that children with cancer everywhere deserve the same chance at survival and is working to make that dream a reality.
St. Jude partnership and milestones.
St. Jude has recognized Best Buy’s partnership as instrumental in helping St. Jude continue its groundbreaking research and exceptional care. And we at Best Buy are honored to be a part of this critical life-saving mission. Since our partnership began in 2013, St. Jude has reached the following milestones:
- St. Jude has launched St. Jude Cloud: an online data-sharing, analysis and collaboration portal that marks a new era of research into childhood cancer survivorship by making clinical and genomic data from thousands of childhood cancer survivors accessible to researchers worldwide.
- Discovered a cure for “bubble boy” disease: (Severe Combined Immunodeficiency Disease) a very rare genetic disease that causes a child to have a very weak immune system. As a result, the child is unable to fight off even mild infections. The disease is known as the “living in the bubble” syndrome because living in a normal environment can be fatal to a child who has it.
- St. Jude Global initiative: St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital has launched an ambitious initiative to improve access to care for children with cancer and life-threatening blood diseases in every corner of the world, and to develop plans to enhance its quality and provide better options for a cure. St. Jude Global will create a network of interactive institutions that will form a global alliance focused on improving survival rates of children with cancer and other catastrophic diseases worldwide, through the sharing of knowledge, technology and organizational skills.
Donations to St. Jude through Best Buy are making a significant impact.
Thanks to your contributions, Best Buy’s fundraising efforts during the 2022 St. Jude Thanks and Giving® campaign topped $14.6 million. To put the impact of that funding into perspective, those donations could have supplied St. Jude with the funds necessary to do any of the following:
- Cover in-patient hospital stays of 1,767 days
- Cover the cost of treating 48 pediatric cancer patients, whose treatment can last up to 3 years or more, at a cost of $425,000 per patient
- Cover the cost of 212 brain tumor patients receiving radiotherapy treatments
- Cover the $3 million daily operating costs of the entire hospital for 6½ days
- Cover 13,666 days of chemotherapy
Your support is what makes Best Buy’s partnership with St. Jude possible.
Since 2013, Best Buy has raised over $160 million for the lifesaving work being done at St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. Aside from consistently being a top corporate partner during the annual our St. Jude Thanks and Giving® campaign, Best Buy team members also support St. Jude throughout the year by volunteering at local St. Jude fundraising events and participating in the St. Jude Walk/Run and St. Jude Memphis Marathon.