Ratings & Reviews
- Capturing speed: making an authentic car movie - get behind the wheel for an up-close look at what it taks to capture high-octane car stunts on camera.
- Ties that bind - meet the stunt team that turned the Mustang hero car's astonishing "grasshopper" jump over four lanes of traffic into a family affair.
- The circus is in town - director Scott Waugh invites you to experience the Need For Speed traveling road show as it films from one end of the country to the other.
- Audio commentary - by director Scott Waugh and actor Aaron Paul
- Monarch & Maverick Outtakes - Michael Keaton and Scott Mescudi cut lose in these improvised riffs
- The sound of Need for Speed - discover how the movie's spectacular soundscape helps put the audience in the driver's seat.
- Deleted scenes
- Need for Speed rivals trailer
A mechanic who moonlights as an underground race-car driver strives to take the top prize in America's most prominent street race in order to have his revenge against the ambitious ex-NASCAR champ who had him framed and sent to prison. Inspired by the popular video-game franchise of the same name, Need for Speed tells the story of garage owner Tobey Marshall (Aaron Paul). Desperate to keep his family-owned business afloat, Marshall forms an uncomfortable partnership with wealthy ex-NASCAR star Dino Brewster (Dominic Cooper). That partnership falls apart when a lucrative sale to car broker Julia Bonet (Imogen Poots) fails to pan out, and unscrupulous Brewster uses a tragic street-racing mishap to have the innocent Marshall incarcerated. Released from prison two years later, the vengeful Marshall plots to prove his mettle by winning the De Leon -- an illicit race showcasing the country's top underground talents. But getting to the De Leon will be no simple task, because not only has the ruthless Brewster put a bounty on Marshall's prized car, but the police are hot on his trail during the white-knuckle, coast-to-coast dash. Fortunately for Marshall, his loyal crew and Bonet are willing to help him get to the starting line in time for the big race. Scott "Kid Cudi" Mescudi, Ramon Rodriguez, and Michael Keaton co-star. ~ Jason Buchanan, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Aaron Paul - Tobey Marshall
- Imogen Poots - Julia Bonet
- Dominic Cooper - Dino Brewster
- Scott "Kid Cudi" Mescudi - Benny
- Ramon Rodríguez - Joe Peck