Introducing the newest member of the Nintendo Switch family Play at home on the TV or on-the-go with a vibrant 7-inch OLED screen with the Nintendo Switch – OLED Model system. In addition to a new screen with vivid colors and sharp contrast, the Nintendo Switch – OLED Model includes a wide adjustable stand for more comfortable viewing angles, a dock with a wired LAN port for TV mode (LAN cable sold separately), 64GB of internal storage, and enhanced audio in Handheld and Tabletop modes using the system’s speakers. *There may be software where the game experience may differ due to the new capabilities of the system, such as the larger screen size.GameSpot – "...the best display on any dedicated handheld gaming device… ever."GameXplain – "...a fantastic upgrade for anyone looking to game on the go."Game Informer – "The screen is an absolute marvel…"IGN – "Outside of the display, my favorite improvement to the Switch OLED is easily the new kickstand." – 8/10Shacknews – "...the best portable visual experience…" – 9/10The Verge – "...premium portable experience." – 8/10
7-inch OLED screen - Enjoy vivid colors and crisp contrast with a screen that makes colors pop
Wide adjustable stand – Freely angle the system’s wide, adjustable stand for comfortable viewing in Tabletop mode
Wired LAN port - Use the dock’s LAN port when playing in TV mode for a wired internet connection
64 GB internal storage - Save games to your system with 64 GB of internal storage
Enhanced audio – Enjoy enhanced sound from the system’s onboard speakers when playing in Handheld and Tabletop modes
Supports all Joy-Con controllers and Nintendo Switch software*
Number Of USB Port(s)
Nintendo Switch – OLED Model w/ Neon Red & Neon Blue Joy-Con
The OLED screen is far better than the nintendo switch lite I had before. The product itself is twice as big. I'm a very satisfied customer. The device itself had one small little scuff/scratch on it which sucked opening it to find that. The box looked like it had been in a few battles, maybe on the pallets or rough handling of the box in store. Overall great product though!
This is definitely a great upgrade coming from the previous model. first, the OLED display is gorgeous something the original switch should of came with in my opinion, so much more vibrant and much brighter. secondly the speakers sound MUCH better with the OLED and the biggest thing for me was the inclusion of the LAN port which is fantastic. If you’re unsure about upgrading due to already having a switch and moving onto the OLED I highly recommend it.
Honestly I was hesitant to make an upgrade to my Switch model 2018 Mario edition. But I got a chance to get my hands on the OLED version and decided to proceed and upgrade. The upgrade is not a minor but it offers some upgrades that are needed, more specifically the screen size and the picture quality and the kickstand received an upgrade and seems durable compared to the old one that broke after a month. Great buy.
5 out of 5
5 out of 5
Ease of Use
5 out of 5
I would recommend this to a friend
4 out of 5
5 out of 5
Ease of Use
5 out of 5
Rated 5 out of 5 stars
Nice Father’s Day gift and good Idea to share with
Owned for 3 weeks when reviewed.
My kids and I we love it, new experience and in my case a good way to remember all the other portable games that I had in the past, 100% recommended if you want a portable console
I have been a user of the original Nintendo Switch for years now and its easily been one of my favorite video game consoles I have owned! I was excited to get my hands on the new OLED switch, and so far I have not been let down!
ORIGINAL VS OLED (HANDHELD MODE)
- Simply put, the new OLED switch is better than the original in almost every area! Right out of the box you can see the big improvements and its well worth it.
- The larger screen makes handheld gaming feel more immersive and having small bezels makes it feel more modern.
- The OLED screen is truly a game changer. It’s insanely brighter, the colors pop which really makes games feel so vibrant, and just overall creates a much better experience in handheld mode.
- The kickstand is SO much better! Its the entire length of the switch and can be set at different angles. Just overall makes it feel a lot more sturdy and is what the original switch should have came with.
- The speakers are also much improved! They are frontward facing and produce a better more impactful sound.
- The OLED switch comes with 64 GB standard which is also much better than the 32 GB on the original switch.
- The improved dock on the OLED looks fantastic! Just some minor cosmetic improvements makes it look better, and I’d say overall the switch fits in their slightly more snug and secure than before.
OLED IN DOCKED MODE:
- The biggest complaint by everyone is going to be how the Switch OLED does nothing to improve the Switch’s performance in docked mode. There is no 4K or even HDR support which is very disappointing.
- That being said, if you use the Switch in docked mode 100% of the time than you likely will not see any benefits from the new OLED switch besides the larger storage.
- For me, I use the Switch in handheld mode a lot. So the OLED Switch is an absolute home run for me. The screen, speakers, kickstand, just about everything about the handheld experience has been improved and I have really enjoyed using it.
- In my opinion, the OLED Switch is only $50 more than the original and completely justifies this price increase. Any new user who has never owned a Nintendo Switch should absolutely buy the OLED Switch! And if you already own the Switch but are curious about making the jump to OLED, you will not be disappointed whatsoever!
A very pretty white switch. The screen is larger and brighter compared to the original and Im very happy with my decision of purchasing this console. Best Buy was very helpful and polite during the purchasing process and pickup.
A:AnswerHopefully BestBuy start caring about Elite Plus Members Too!!! Looks like buying spending 3000 dollars a year mean noting to them after all, and just spending 200 dollars paywall is more important now, well no more elite plus member for me, just 200 dollars a year now! thank you BestBuy for ruining your own business.
A:AnswerOLED screens allow for better contrast because each individual pixel in the screen is self lighting. The switch has a resolution of 1280x720 meaning there are 1280x720 pixels (921,600 pixels). On a regular LED display the screen is backlight. This means a light is shining behind the screen or from the side of the screen to illuminate the pixels. Better LEDs have several zones of backlighting to assist with contrast. OLED doesn't rely on backlighting. Instead all 921,600 pixels can be lit up or turned off to produced better contrast. When the image displayed in your game is black, the light isn't just dimmed way down like an LED so the image looks more black-gray, the pixels are actually turned off to produce a perfect black image. Long story short, this will be a HUGE upgrade from the original Switch screen and definitely worth the $50 price difference.
A:AnswerIt depends; if you mainly play in TV mode, this upgrade is almost certainly not worth it. The only thing that would improve is the LAN dock, although you can already buy a USB one for about $30. However, if you almost exclusively play in handheld or tabletop mode (like me), it might be worth considering. The new screen & better audio would be pretty great, and especially if you have an original model switch, the battery will last longer (because of the HAC-001 revision and battery degradation). Finally, if this is your first switch, just go for it! It’s not too much more than the base model!