- Answer You can skip paying for monitoring if you don't want professional monitoring. If you want professional monitoring if the system detects a problem, it's $19.99 per month and no long term commitment. Can go month to month.
- Answer The device has built in battery backup. If power is lost to the hub only, you will receive notification through the app over WiFi. If you are paying for the monthly subscription and power is lost to your WiFi/internet as well as the hub, it will use a cellular connection to send you the notification. If you are not paying for monitoring and the hub does not have a connection to the internet over WiFI, you will not be alerted.
QuestionThe listing for my security system said that it included 6 months of free pro monitoring. The box and the code given to me in the kit says 3 months free. Can someone who recently purchased let me know cause it’s the main reason I bought this?
- Answer I bought this a week ago from Best Buy and tried to set up the monitoring, which said 3 months free on the box. I've been going back and forth with ADT support and talked to give different people, and have been unable to actually sign up for monitoring at all. The last I heard from them they said monitoring can't be set up at all if bought from Best Buy, but since I have the box and the code used to sign up, they have "escalated" it again to try to se if there's anything they can do. Long story short you will be lucky to get any months of professional monitoring, regardless of what is advertised.
- Answer As many as you want
QuestionHi one of the features I love about ADT systems is it announces which door is opening when it is open. i.e it will say "front door" when someone opens it. Does this do that?
- Answer Sounds like a cool feature. Unfortunately, not the ADT blue system
- Answer No this is a different product but still ADT
QuestionI would like to have a control keypad at both entrances (by the front door and by the back door). Can I purchase 2 Smart Hub/Base with Integrated Keypads and have them both active on one overall alarm system?
- Answer You can now buy separate stand alone keypad on the bluebyadt.com site.
QuestionSpecs indicate this system supports 50 cameras. Is that 50 different models of camera are comparable or up to 50 cameras can be actively monitored on the same system?
- Answer The system can support up to 50 cameras. However each camera must have 2-3 Mbps upload speed