Questions & Answers
- QuestionCurrently using AC815S withh ATT for WiFi. Several dead spots throughout home. Will this unit connect wirelessly to my AC815S? (1 Answer)
- QuestionTwo questions 1. Will I be able to retain the same SSID as my main router? E.g if my SSID is ABCHOME, can I assign this same SSID to this extender? 2. Will this extender extend the range through an existing wired Ethernet port/connection? Thank you (2 Answers)
- QuestionWill the extender help stop buffering? I play my pandora music from my phone and experience alot of buffering. (3 Answers)Answers
- QuestionIn which way is this device better than the less expensive tp link ac 1200? (0 Answers)
- QuestionDo you just plug it in and it hooks up to your wifi or do you have to be a computer savvy genius? Also will it connect with any wifi or do I need to replace my netgear? (3 Answers)Answers
This device sets up it's own wireless network that your devices (computer, phone, tablet, etc.) will connect to. You configure it to connect to your network by selecting your network on it's user interface and providing any necessary security information (like passcode). From there, it will relay the network traffic from the new network it created over to your existing network. Thus if your existing network were "HomeNetwork" this device would create a new network like "AmpedNetwork" and you would need to configure the extender with the credential information for "HomeNetwork". Finally, you would connect your device (tablet) to the "AmpedNetwork" and hit a site like Google.com. The traffic would travel from your device, to the "AmpedNetwork", and then be relayed over to the "HomeNetwork" and thus out to Google.com. I hope that this answers your question.
- QuestionTWC 2.4 +5G ..I. LOSE POWER AFTER 1HR TO MY DELL INSPIRON, ALARM WITH 2 CAMERAS.A SECURITY ALARM. COMPUTER IN FRONT WITH PHONE THE ROUTER PLACED IN THE BACK BEDROOM WITH A PHONE A BACK YARD CAMERA & PHONE A OUTSIDE CAMERA.ALL IS WIFI CONNECT (1 Answer)Answers
What specifically lost power? Do you have any kind of backup power supply to just your critical communication units? use those short power strips if you have more than two hungry power cords on your devices at any one spot. Cheap UPS devices are available at Walmart... just saying...
Best Buy is not responsible for answers provided by Community Answers, Customers, or other third parties. Accuracy not guaranteed. Terms and Conditions