Questions & Answers
- Answer Wi-Fi is sort of the default for these iPads. Apple also makes iPads that have both Wi-Fi and cellular, but they cost more.
- Answer You actually don’t need the geek squad. You can now put the new iPad next to the old iPad after you’ve signed in with your Apple ID and all your data from the old iPad will transfer to the new iPad automatically.
- Answer Some are confusing storage with RAM. The devise has 3GB of RAM, up from 2 on the previous model. RAM= random access memory, for those that may be confused about previous answers. In this context, it has nothing to do with the capability to store programs, pics music, and documents. This one has 64 GB to store that stuff, and 3GB for RAM. The more RAM, the speedier the response.
- Answer No. The iPad mini 5 has slightly different microphone and volume button placement.
QuestionIn your real-world experience, is the mini 5 a substantial upgrade from the mini 2 for web browsing or photo editing, and what have you noticed? On a scale of 1-to-10, how much better would you say it is than the mini 2? Thanks for your help!
- Answer 10 because it’s faster and with Touch ID it’s harder to hack in. I like it for the web browsing.
- Answer I use this as a second iPad and it loaded everything from my large one with no problems at all.
QuestionIs there a port for non wireless headphones? Thinking of buying this for a younger child who would need wired headphones.
- Answer Yes, it does have a standard headphone jack, you plug in any 3.5mm headphones.
QuestionIs it backlit for reading? How well does it work in the sunshine, say if your on the beach and want to read?
- Answer Great question and you could bring it to the beach But it’s not bright enough for full bright sunny day doing anything the music. The one I had wasn’t bright enough without over heating though you maybe experience something diffident I can’t promise the exact same experience but it’s definitely a wonderful device for anyone.
QuestionCan you use Bluetooth keyboard mouse together. iPad 6gen I am able to use Bluetooth keyboard,
- Answer I had no problems connecting Bluetooth keyboard AirPods and a wireless trackpad, so I’m sure you could.
- Answer No, this iPad Mini is almost exactly the same as the forth generation externally, with the exception of the microphones moved to the top of the tablet and the top of the back casing. Any iPad mini case made for the iPad Mini 4 will work with this one, but it may block the microphones. If you have the original apple silicone case for iPad mini 4, you can get a leather punch and punch out holes for the new microphone locations.
- Answer You can restore backup from an older iPad backup via iCloud or from a computer.
- Answer Yes, you can use it to FaceTime. You have to have an internet connection to do so; I do it at home with a wireless connection. I think some models let you use another type of connection, possibly with a cell phone carrier.