Questions & Answers
Your price for this item is $1,799.99
QuestionI need to replace my Mac Book Pro 15'' that I bought in 2010. My Model is also i5...what is difference between the two processors?
- Answer This i5 is a newer generation with a higher clock speed and more cores/threads.
QuestionIs this good for college?
- Answer Sure. Excellent battery life, great screen, great keyboard, good durability and reliability. Most college uses will be fine with the base $1299 model. This model has extra internal storage and newer processors as well as right hand usb c ports to make the total 4 ports.
QuestionDoes this have a Flash drive for my memory stick? Because I brought 2 MacBook Air and got home and didn't have that slot, so disappointed and they cost a lot of money.
- Answer No, you either need an adapter or a dock to access a memory card or usb flash drive. You can get one at most local or online retailers that sell electronics. Just make sure they are USB-C compatible. The Ports on all newer MacBook Pros are Thunderbolt 3 ports that will accept USB-C connections/adapters. The port specs have always been disclosed in pictures and description.
- Answer Not true about the "must buy from Apple" response. BestBuy honors the Apple Education discount--but you might need to have the salesperson speak to their supervisor.
QuestionWhat is the processor model number? The specs list the processor model number as "Intel 10th Generation Core i5", which is the model, but not the model number. There are multiple model numbers for this model on the intel website, none match listed specs
- Answer The 13" i5 MacBook Pro (2020) with the 10th Gen Intel processor has the Core i5-1038G7 processor.
- Answer Not any more you can't. Older models yes, this model no.
- Answer No, you will need an adapter USB C to USB. This laptop ONLY has USB C ports.
QuestionWould you recommend this to graphic designers/photographers or videographers dealing with high processing images and 4-8k videos?
- Answer Yes it's great and it can work on it and super fast
QuestionI was in the process of purchasing this MacBook but when I went to checkout it shot back up to 1799$ would the sale still be honored in store if I explain what happened?
- Answer You can always contact Best Buy directly and ask but it's likely that they won't since you didn't complete your purchase prior to the sale expiring. They may tell you the general "please check back for our sales opportunities"...in which case you can definitely make note to check on Sundays and Mondays for new sales. I've noticed the sale occurring at least twice in the last 30-45 days. Also check online for other retailers to see if they are having a sale. Best Buy will price match eligible online and local retailers. Good luck!
QuestionWhich laptop would be a better purchase the Asus Q537f 4k or this Macbook Pro ? Very hard choice!
- Answer This one because I can run windows on it if u want to and it's 6k
- Answer No u need a adpter it's type c unless u heve smart TV then yes
QuestionI just purchased this computer yester after upgrading twice from M1 256GB to M1 512GB and now this. But after downloading all my programs it started running hot is that normal for a new machine? Thinking about exchanging again because of overheating.
- Answer That is 100% normal. The computer has a great processor and that will happen on any computer if you are running multiple applications or downloads at once. Look up a few YouTube videos on the processor and check those out first. See if you like the reviews from “professionals” and check out their results.
- Answer New keyboard. No more butterfly keyboard fiasco
- Answer No but you can get a Spanish keyboard overlay or you can go into settings and add the Spanish keyboard. If you want a keyboard that has the Spanish keys already on it I think you can purchase the Spanish layout Magic Keyboard to use with it.
QuestionIs there a big difference between the Intel Iris Plus Graphics 645 and the Intel Iris Plus Graphics?
- Answer Short answer: yes. There is a 40-80 percent increase in graphics performance, depending on the program, software, or video game. The 10th Gen chip comes with Intel G7 graphics, which is among the highest Intel graphics. If you think you will do any graphics related work/gaming, it might be worth upgrading to the higher tier model. Based on my experience, it seems that the G7 chip can at least run many AAA-games at low-medium settings, which is not great, but pretty good for integrated graphics.