Questions & Answers
Your price for this item is $2,399.99
Questionso, what is difference between this model and: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/apple-macbook-pro-15-4-display-with-touch-bar-intel-core-i9-16gb-memory-amd-radeon-pro-560x-512gb-ssd-space-gray/5430578.p?skuId=5430578
- Answer Short answer: 1) Better thermal performance so it'll run faster 2) Bigger screen 3) Better graphics card so photo and video editing will be faster Long answer: The 16" model is a little bit bigger, but it isn't as simple as that. Since it is bigger, not only does it get a larger screen, it gets better thermal performance since the cooling fans have more room to work with. This also has a better graphics card meaning it can render photos and videos much quicker aside from the better thermal performance. If you have a bestbuy account you can get the 16" for $100 cheaper than the smaller one.
QuestionI’ve always had a desktop computer with windows. How does the Mac computer compare with windows?
- Answer You will never own a Windows again. Don't get me wrong, they have come a long way over the years. With that being said, Mac still beats them on security and quality by a long shot. I just upgraded after having a MacBook Pro for 8 years and only upgraded as a want, not a need.
- Answer You can order it through Apple's website. Or if you want it through BestBuy, go into the store, and I will assume they will order it and you can put it on your BestBuy card.
QuestionHi. Do you give $$$ off on a trade-in of an older MacBook Pro? If so, how much and what are qualifications in detail? Thanks Pinda
- Answer Got $122.00 credit for my 2013 13.3 inch MacBook Pro.
- Answer Yes, with Microsoft Office apps for Mac or through the Boot Camp utility
QuestionDoes this computer have a slot for the SDHC card. Also do I need to buy special adaptors to plug in my mouse and my dymo printer? They us USB ports
- Answer It has four Thunderbolt 3/USB-C ports capable of speeds up to 40Gbps. You will need to buy an adapter to plugin SDHC or USB Ports. I would recommend buying something like a Anker 5 in 1 that has USB3.0, SDHC and HDMI in case you need it. There are also adapters with Ethernet in case you have a need for it.
QuestionI would like to rent to buy a MacBook. This one in specific. However, I would like to do it on my first federal CARD. How do I do that instead of applying for a beat buy card? Do I need to come in the store? Please help!! I need it for schooling!
- Answer You might be better off with the Best Buy card. They have student discounts and no interest for 18 months. If you can pay it off in that time frame, you’ll save more money than on other cards, unless your federal CARD is interest free.
QuestionWhen I purchase this laptop, will best buy assist in transferring our current mac book apps and data to the new laptop? We have quickbooks and need to transfer it to the new computer.
- Answer If you have service Geeksquad I believe they will assist. My recommendation would be to go to apple.com/support and get the instructions on how to back up everything to the cloud or to your time machine. I transferred from Mac to Mac very easily because of my apple-id- when I logged in. I hope this helps.
QuestionHow many jacks does this 16 inch MacBook Pro have and what types of Iphones, accessories, etc will they work with? I get confused on the jacks..Thanks!
- Answer It only has 4 usbc ports you’d need an external adapter for all the other inputs you need.
QuestionI just bought this lastnight. It says “latest model” in the description and title, but when I researched the model number I discovered it’s not the 2020 model. I’m not happy about that because I thought I was buying a 2020 model but this is just a 2019.
- Answer Although the laptop’s data indicates that the MacBook-Pro-16”was built in 2019, it appears that it is the latest model. It uses Catalina which is Apple’s latest operating system for this laptop. I bought mine two weeks ago and so far Inam very happy with it.
I would recommend:
- Answer I took it to Best Buy and they downloaded everything for me
QuestionHow easy is it to transfer Windows files...Microsoft Office Word, Excel, photos, ext, to IOS platform? Been a long time Windows user and considering the complexities to switch.
- Answer Macs use MacOS, and it’s surprisingly easy to move it. Can get it from the Microsoft cloud, use a thumb drive, and if you have it saved to a windows computer you can use migration assistant and pull all the files over. Now if you’re talking about iPads and iPhones and actual iOS, then really the only quick option is the Microsoft cloud. Windows computers connectivity with an iPhone will be extremely limited
- Answer This 2019 MacBook Pro 16" comes with the scissor-type keyboard. The butterfly-type keyboard has been discontinued in Apple's line of laptops.
- Answer Office doesn't come with Apple computers unfortunately, but it has the apple suite of office software. I ended up getting a subscription to Office365 from microsoft.
- Answer No, we were told that used to be the case some time ago but no longer!
QuestionI have a Seagate Backup Plus storage device I use with my older MacBook Pro, both for Time Machine and as external storage. Will that work with this model? Can I use Time Machine to copy my documents from Seagate to this model?
- Answer If your storage device plugs into your older laptop's USB-C port, then yes. If your storage device plugs into your laptop with a different port connection, then you will need an adapter. This laptop has 4 USB-C ports and 1 headphone jack. Any other connection will either be through an adapter or the device's Bluetooth settings...
I would recommend: