Questions & Answers
Your price for this item is $191.99
The regular price is $349.00
- Answer “GPS” only means that the watch has location capability. It also has the ability to answer phone calls and make calls only if your phone is in Bluetooth range. If it is “GPS+Cellular, you can use the watch to make and receive calls even without your iPhone nearby. It has its own cellular account which you will have an additional monthly fee with your provider.
QuestionCan someone take a picture of this Gold color? Is it more of a rose gold or actual gold color?
- Answer Here is the gold Series 1 (right) next to the gold Series 4 (left), see attached photo.
QuestionWhat does cellular mean? Do I have to pay for phone service for this watch to work? Can I just opt to connect to wifi or my cell phones hotspot when needed? And will it work correctly when I do this?
- Answer If you purchase the cellular version, you can make phone calls and stream music direct from the watch, without your phone nearby. The price for the watch with cellular is generally $100 more and you have to pay to put cellular service on the watch so you can do this. Generally this costs about $10 per month through your mobile phone's cellular service carrier (Verizon, ATT, TMobile, etc.). The features of the watch (including GPS) work without putting cellular service on it if you don't want to. You just can't make phone calls or stream from the watch independent from your phone without adding the service plan for it.
QuestionFor the carrier option, what does the GPS mean? Also, my carrier is Sprint. If I purchase and connect the watch with my phone, will they charge me for the calls or texts?
- Answer I would suggest going with the GPS version over the Cellular version. The GPS means your phone has to be in a certain range of the watch in order for it to text or call. Plus if you do cellular you can’t switch your apple watch from sprint to Verizon because it is locked to sprints network.
- Answer Apple Watch Series 1 and Apple Watch (1st generation) are splash and water resistant, but submerging Apple Watch Series 1 and Apple Watch (1st generation) isn't recommended. Apple Watch Series 2, Apple Watch Series 3, and Apple Watch Series 4 may be used for shallow water activities like swimming in a pool or ocean. However, Apple Watch Series 2, Apple Watch Series 3, and Apple Watch Series 4 shouldn't be used for scuba diving, water skiing, or other activities involving high velocity water or submersion below shallow depth. Showering with Apple Watch Series 2, Apple Watch Series 3, and Apple Watch Series 4 is ok, but we recommend not exposing Apple Watch to soaps, shampoos, conditioners, lotions, and perfumes as they can negatively affect water seals and acoustic membranes. Apple Watch should be cleaned with fresh water and dried with a lint free-cloth if it comes in contact with anything other than fresh water. Water resistance isn't a permanent condition and may diminish over time. Apple Watch can't be rechecked or resealed for water resistance. The following may affect the water resistance of your Apple Watch and should be avoided: Dropping Apple Watch or subjecting it to other impacts. Exposing Apple Watch to soap or soapy water, for example while showering or bathing. Exposing Apple Watch to perfume, solvents, detergent, acids or acidic foods, insect repellent, lotions, sunscreen, oil, or hair dye. Exposing Apple Watch to high velocity water, for example while water skiing. Wearing Apple Watch in the sauna or steam room. Not all bands are appropriate for water use. For example, the stainless steel and leather bands aren't water resistant and shouldn't be exposed to liquids. What should I do if my Apple Watch gets wet? If water splashes on to your Apple Watch, wipe it off with a nonabrasive, lint-free cloth. Don't use heat, compressed air, or sprays. Clean and dry your Apple Watch, the band, and your skin after workouts or heavy sweating. After swimming, gently rinse Apple Watch Series 2, Apple Watch Series 3, and Apple Watch Series 4 with warm tap water. Dry Apple Watch and the band thoroughly if they're exposed to fresh water. Learn more about cleaning your Apple Watch. If your Apple Watch got wet and now its speaker sounds muffled, follow the steps below. Don't insert anything into the openings, for example the microphone or speaker ports, and don't shake the watch to remove water. Allowing your Apple Watch to charge overnight may speed up evaporation. On Apple Watch Series 3 and Apple Watch Series 4, measurements from the barometric altimeter may be less accurate if water gets into the air vent, for example during swimming. Normal altimeter performance will return after the water has evaporated. Apple Watch Series 2, Apple Watch Series 3, and Apple Watch Series 4 When you start a swimming workout, your Apple Watch automatically locks the screen with Water Lock to avoid accidental taps. When you're done, turn the Digital Crown to unlock the screen and clear any water from your Apple Watch. You hear sounds and may feel some water on your wrist. To manually clear water from Apple Watch, swipe up on the bottom of the watch face to open Control Center, tap Water Lock, then turn the Digital Crown to unlock the screen and clear water from the speaker.
QuestionDoes this watch work through WiFi as the iPad does. This way one does not have to buy a cellular plan?
- Answer Yes, this device has WiFi and it can be paired to your phone.
QuestionWill the "Ive fallen and need help " feature work on the GPS only watch or does it have to be GPS + Cellular?
- Answer It works on GPS only (as well as GPS + Cellular), with my iPhone nearby, which I carry at all times. My husband did fall (with GPS only) and the fall feature activated.
QuestionWhat is the distance you can be from your phone if you do not purchase the cellular model, and still text and call?
- Answer It is limited to the range of Bluetooth so typically around 10m or 30ft. Of course if there’s a walls in between that distance can drop. However, because it has WiFi, if it’s connected to a known WiFi network you can still text and make/receive calls without being connected to your iPhone.
- Answer In my opinion the G4 Cellular will give you all that your looking for in addition to syncing with the iPhone so she wouldn't necessarily need to have her phone with her. It has the capacity to call 911 in an emergency and detect a hard fall and could automatically make a call out. Go to Apples web site and check out all the features.
QuestionDo you have to have your iPhone with you at all times? And do you have a fee you have to pay for it?
- Answer If you purchase iwatch series 4 gps only then you would need your phone all the time, however if you purchase the iwatch series 4 gps+cellular you do not need your Iphone and I think it is $10.00 a month for the extra feature through your carrier.
- Answer Yes
QuestionDoes this watch allow for the Fitbit app? Also can you reply to text message on the gps version?
- Answer Fitbit tracker on an Apple Watch? Not sure why needed, since the watch does all of it’s own tracking and can be viewed on the watch as well as iPhone. Text message on GPS only version? Yes, text messages can be replied to using voice, fingertip writing and many emojis and standard replies on the GPS version.
- Answer Hi Shirl, They do have 2 different options one where you can add it to your phone plan and it will be both GPS and cellular. And if you add it to your plan you can be on the go without your phone the only thing of course is that you wouldn't be able to take pictures since the watch doesn't have a camera. The other option is the GPS, it connects VIA bluetooth to your phone but with this one your phone does have to be on you in order to receive text messages, calls, etc. I hope this helps! :)
- Answer This is the GPS/Wifi version, not cellular. You would have to purchase that model if you want a cellular connection
QuestionI have the 42mm Series 1 and have accumulated some very nice and expensive bands to wear. Will my bands fit either of the new Series 4 watches? I really want to upgrade, but don’t want to have to buy new bands, too.
- Answer The watch bands that are compatible together are the 38/40 and the 42/44. So if you had the large watch before (42mm), you will need to buy the larger new watch (44mm) for the bands to work. Same for the smaller, if you had 38mm you will need to buy the new 40mm or else the bands will be the wrong size.
QuestionThe specs for the Series 4 (GPS) says a data plan is required. Is that right? I would think it would be required for the Series 4 with Cellular. Am I misinterpreting something?
- Answer You can Bluetooth your watch to your cellphone
QuestionI just bought the Apple Watch 3 in June and I purchased Apple care as well, is the Apple care transferable?
- Answer No, Apple Care is tied to a product and not a person. If you sold that Apple Watch before Apple Care runs out, the person who buys it will get to use it if needed.