Questions & Answers
Your price for this item is $699.00
QuestionWhat is the screen material on the watch with the stainless steel case? According to Apple it is sapphire crystal, but the specifications on Bestbuy.com indicate it's Ion-X glass. I thought the Ion-x glass is only with aluminum. Which is it?
- Answer The stainless steel Apple Watch case is made of stainless steel and screen is made of Sapphire Crystal Only the aluminum case watches have the ion glass
- Answer Nope... ordered a stainless Steel 44” series 4 and I have yet to get any movement on my order that I placed on the 14th of sept. It’s a joke.... no updates other than it’s delayed and your order will be canceled in 4 weeks. The lack of communication on when it would be coming is frustrating. The whole reason I stayed up till 3am on the 14th was to get one for the 21st. Here we are oct 5 and still nothing... Best Buy shouldn’t have promised a delivery by September 21st. So frustrating.... make a statement and let us know what the situation is. Don’t wait till days after you missed your deadline... I love Best Buy but they totally dropped the ball here and so did Apple. They did a nice job with the phones launch the local stores had a lot of inventory. But nothing on the watches.
- Answer I know that the gold stainless steel does NOT come without cellular. But you do have the option of not connecting it with a cellular plan. My Apple Watch is cellular+gps, but I have not connected it to my plan since I feel little need to do so.
QuestionHello. Based on your everyday normal use without extreme conditions, does the gold stainless steel casing scratch easily? Do you feel the need for a protective case? Thanks.
- Answer I have been wearing this for a couple of months and haven't received a scratch on it. I had an aluminum model for about a week before exchanging for this one and got a few small scratches on it from just normal wearing. I work in the construction industry (not actually swinging a hammer but on construction sites most days) and my watch gets dirty and I'm not careful with it. It looks just as it does on the day I got it out of the box.
- Answer Not really. I mean you have to try really hard. I would worry more about your wrist or hand if something hits this hard enough to scratch it. I have had Series 1 since the day it was released and it still looks new. Very durable.
- Answer If you pay for this item in full, it's unlocked. If you are making monthly payments through a carrier, it's tied to the carrier.
QuestionI have not seen this in person. Is it an actual yellow gold or is it the rose gold that Apple uses and calls gold?
- Answer It is the same finish as the iPhone pro gold.
- Answer MTUW2LL/A has an aluminum casing so it should be slightly lighter but also more prone to scratching and damage showing. Stainless steel on this has more of a shine and should be more durable. Also the glass on stainless steel should be stronger, more scratch resistant being that it uses sapphire crystal.
- Answer I have the 44mm stainless steel edition. It’s not much heavier than the aluminum version in my opinion (36.7 grams compared to 47.9 grams). It does not feel too heavy though on my wrist. It actually feels like it can take a hit and be perfectly fine, which it has. Also the extra weight makes it feel more expensive.
QuestionI’ve had this watch on order since Oct 10! Best Buy updated order to say shipping is delayed and of order is not shipped by Dec 9th, it will be Cancelled. Do NOT CANCELmy order! I haven’t waited weeks and weeks to have to reorder and wait longer!!
- Answer These items are in severe back order and many people have prepurchased, so the units shipping now are spoken for. I was on the fence about ordering the new iwatch and ordered later then I should have. It too about 6 weeks to finally get mine.
- Answer Yes just as shiny as my series zero one.
- Answer Depends on where you wear your watch I work in a yard where sand and dust fly around and sand can scratch the screen especially if your swiping it I’ve seen videos on you tube that the Sapphire Crystal That Apple uses still scratches easier than Sapphire Crystal on a high end watch like a Rolex I have the Apple care plus and a screen protector Even if mine gets messed up I can get a new one for a small fee
- Answer It will be a 6 month or 12 month interest free plan
- Answer Yes, BestBuy always price matches all the products they carry that are on the Amazon site. Just take a printout of the product you wish to buy showing a lower price on Amazon & a BB Sales Rep. will check on their computer and if the price is lower then they will match it during the final sale. Hope it helps.