Questions & Answers
Your price for this item is $529.00
QuestionDo you have to get a connection thru your carrier for this watch to work or will it just work with your Iphone? I would like for the person receiving it to make that decision.
- Answer You can choose not to activate the cellular. Then it would work just through the Bluetooth connection to your iPhone. That would be the same functionality as the watch without cellular connectivity.
QuestionWhat is the difference in gps vs gps/cellular? I thought that the watch itself linked to your iPhone so the cell service was already on it. So why cellular?
- Answer GPS means that you have to have your cell phone with you to use cellular services like texts etc. The watch relies on the cellular service from your phone. The watches that also have cellular themselves (in addition to GPS) have their own cellular service and number. You designate with your carrier which device it is paired with. So when you receive a text message to your phone number (of your phone) your carrier (Verizon, ATT) automatically pushes it to your watch. No need to have your phone with you. So you could go for a run and leave your phone at home.
QuestionI always leave my iPhone will my Apple Watch give me any reminder when it is disconnected from my iPhone
- Answer If your Apple Watch is GPS/Cellular it should not disconnect. I've left my phone and drove to another city and it never disconnected. If it is not cellular but its linked to your iPhone, you will see a red x at the top of your watch when it disconnects.
QuestionWhat does Unlocked mean? Am I able to purchase this watch and connect it to any cellular company? Ex. AT&T or T-Mobile
- Answer Yes you can, I connected mine with sprint
QuestionIf I purchase the GPS+Cellular; Can it share the same phone number as my iPhone? Or, do I have to pay for separate phone service?
- Answer Most providers charge extra per month on your current plan to use watch ATT charges $10 a month. The watch is assigned a diffeeent phone number but when paired with your phone it rings when your cell phone is called.
QuestionI may upgrade my series 1 to 5. I am thinking of aluminum for the cost. My current watch is stainless steel. I think getting Apple Care is a better cost factor w/ Aluminum. Anyone have reasons for the stainless steel over aluminum if you get Apple Care?
- Answer Stainless steel will hardly ever rust or corrode. It also has high resistance to temperatures so it will stay durable in high temperatures, aluminum gets weaker. Aluminum will corrode much faster.
QuestionIs it possible to swap out the wristband with an Etsy bracelet type band and still have all the functions work?
- Answer The bands themselves don’t have any functionality so as long as the back of the watch is touching the skin all features should still work
QuestionDo I need an AT&T Apple Watch specifically from Best Buy? Or can I just buy the Best Buy Apple Watch 5 cellular and link it later to AT&T?
- Answer I have at&t. As soon as you pair it to your phone it will prompt you to attach it to your at&t account
QuestionDoes the GPS work with Apple music when the phone is not nearby? I know it doesn’t work for messages but if I wanted to leave my phone in my car and go for a run would it work? Also can I pair it with my AirPods to listen to music?
- Answer With Apple Music streaming no. But you can add music in the Apple Watch app under the music tab then download a playlist you created on your phone it will only play the downloaded songs only. And AirPods can be connected to your watch with the Bluetooth setting through your watch.
- Answer Yes, just make sure you get the correct width.
- Answer I have over 12 bands love changing them and so easy
QuestionI was interested in this watch as a gift to someone, if I purchase this with cellular option and pay full price can they add cellular service later to it?
- Answer Yes they can. If you only get the one with GPS you will not be able to add cell service later so I would definitely get the one with the cell service option.
- Answer It comes with 32gb, the following are all the specs: Series 5 (GPS + Cellular): LTE and UMTS / Always-On Retina display with Force Touch / LTPO OLED display (1000 nits) / GPS/GNSS / Built-in Compass / S5 with 64-bit dual-core processor / W3 Apple wireless chip / Barometric altimeter / Optical heart sensor / Electrical heart sensor / Accelerometer up to 32 g-forces / Gyroscope / Improved ambient light sensor / Capacity 32GB / Digital Crown with haptic feedback / Speaker / Ion-X strengthened glass / Sapphire crystal and ceramic back / Wi-Fi (802.11b/g/n 2.4GHz) / Bluetooth 5.0 / Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery / Up to 18 hours of battery life / Water resistant 50 meters / watchOS 6
QuestionCan I hook this up with my Samsung Galaxy phone? And does it work on Spectrum. I have Spectum at home and I also have Spectrum Cell service.
- Answer Yes it works with spectrum and it will easily hook up to your Samsung smartphone with the galaxy wearable app.