Questions & Answers
QuestionHow long do the batteries last before having to recharge, on average. Can one use a aftermarket hard drive for storage?
- Answer We’ve had issues with one battery not staying charged. Best Buy will not exchange for a new battery and Arlo wants to charge us $100.00 premier package to get a new battery and firmware update. Be very careful if you go with this system. They battery is supposed to stay charged for up to 3 months....no luck at our home and this particular camera doesn’t get much movement. Good Luck!
QuestionDoes this camera system also come with an option to plug each camera in? I would like to place one in a bedroom to monitor a dog but I do not want it recording all the time
- Answer Each camera can be set independent of the other. You can create a specific profile that will only activate certain devices. You also can activate all from your phone when you are outside your location.
- Answer Yes, the Arlo system plus into your modem and creates its own WiFi system for the cameras. Because it is plugged into your modem, as long as you have internet you can access the cameras from your phone from anywhere in the world.
QuestionWeird question, but can't these easily be stolen or disabled? just pull it away from the magnetic connection or use a stick or something to knock it off?
- Answer Well, yes, but it is going to record video of the person doing it. A burglar stole one of my cameras a couple weeks ago, and the video showed his face. The police had positive evidence and arrested him the next day. :-)
QuestionIs there a fee to use the phone app to interface with your system? How much video space is available with the app without a cost?
- Answer There is no fee for the app but if you want them saved for thirty days it's thirty dollars for a year to the cloud.
- Answer The cameras have a wide 130 degree viewing angle. They are very easy to adjust manually with the included magnetic wall mount. It is not movable remotely, but you can digitally zoom and pan to specific areas of the recorded video.
QuestionWe are having an Arlo Pro Wire-Free security camera system installed this week. I just want to be sure they can record 24/7 & not just motion activated.
- Answer Motion activated unless you choose to monitor directly from your phone....ie....you at anytime can watch any of the cams, but they only record when motion activated.
QuestionWhat's the battery life?
- Answer My cameras are fairly active and I get over 2 months easily. If you set them up on a schedule, you would get 4x that. I drain my batteries by forgetting to disarm them while I am working outside. They are very good though, if you use them correctly.
- Answer You can listen in or talk back through the built-in speaker and mic or straight from your smartphone.
Questionwill this work with a Google Mesh Wifi? in the past week i've read that the google nest doorbell will not.
- Answer Yes. I have Google mesh and it works great.
- Answer It comes with one screw mount and four magnet mounts.
QuestionI ordered apro 4 camera indoor/outdoor door wireless 720p Security Camera System. Does it come with 4 outdoor mounts and 4 chargers?
- Answer One charger for all four. The base system is plugged in to your router, charger is separate and just like a phone charger. You have options of magnet placements (great for on fences, etc) and then one stand that the camera just screws into. On the app it tells you the battery status so you just charge the cameras individually as needed and replace to their stand. Name your cameras, but if one's low battery, you can switch a better charged one to another spot if you need to while charging.
QuestionCan more than one camera record simultaneously? For instance, movement form one room to another. My current system records only one camera at a time.
- Answer Yes, each camera records when it detects motion. You can have up to 5 cameras without additional charge for storage on their cloud space
- Answer Not sure mine been on 24 hours a day probably been about a month I haven't recharged them yet not very good as far as lag time subject will move three-quarters of the way through before the camera catches them and that's on the highest sensitive setting
QuestionWill this camera system work in Costa Rica? Can it be accessed while traveling internationally?
- Answer As long your router is not down and your arlo is connected to internet. Yes you can access.
- Answer Yes you just download the app real easy
QuestionI would like the camera to record inside my car at night when it is locked. Will it record to my phone if I am out of the state?
- Answer Yes it will. We were on vacation and got alerts of motion on and off. The camera can be unscrewed from optional mounts and moved wherever you want it.
- Answer You may purchase this recommended battery for Arlo Pro here : https://www.bestbuy.com/site/rechargeable-lithium-ion-battery-for-arlo-pro/5613855.p?skuId=5613855. ^RM