Questions & Answers
Your price for this item is $335.99
The previous price was $379.99
QuestionIs the spotlight an actual bright light beam that could shine into someone's window and disturb them? Would a person you are filming know they are being filmed because the spotlight is on them?
- Answer Integrated Spotlight is enough to light up the area where the camera detects the motion to give colored video quality at night. You can choose to turn it off and let the camera use its night vision for more subtle video recording. ^RM
- Answer Arlo Pro 4 Spotlight Cameras(VMC4050P) come with an Arlo Smart trial. When the trial expires, you have the option to purchase an Arlo Smart subscription. Without an Arlo Smart subscription, you can still add up to 5 cameras to your Arlo account, live stream, and receive motion and audio notifications. Arlo Pro 4 is not eligible for free rolling 7-day cloud recording.
Questioncan I use a wire charger on the camera Arlo pro 4, so I don't have to charge it every month? like wire camera?
- Answer Yes. Bestbuy sells one that is 25ft long for 48-50 bucks or There are solar panels chargers you can purchase separately (3pack for 60ish bucks on Amazon). I’ve had mine up in a busy spot for a month or so I get about 250 motions alerts a day on it and I’m at 88ish percent on battery so you should get more than a month or two out of a charge.
- Answer Bizarre design. Very easy to pop the battery out, but the charging cable connects to the camera HOUSING, NOT to the battery! So you can't charge the battery outside of the camera. To do that you must buy their very expensive external 2-battery charger for $50. And you'll want to buy at least one spare battery so you only need to get up on the ladder once, to remove the depleted battery and swap in the charged one. OR, you can buy their solar panel and mount and connect that permanently. No trips up the ladder. But it's expensive - around $80. On the plus side, that has worked very well for me, keeping the battery charged to 100% nearly all the time, and with the panel mounted in a place that only gets sun for about 3 hours per day (in Phoenix). The accessories seem to never be on sale. They've got you over a barrel. There are 3rd-party substitutes -- just be careful about the quality. I've seen very mixed reviews.
- Answer You probably have a very clear picture within the first 20 feet. At night, that may only be around 15 Feet while using some other light source. Yes, you can see 40-60 feet away, but will only know it's a person, a dog, etc. Unless you know the individual real well, you would not be able to identify who that person is. I don't believe any of the competitors and their cameras are really that good. Just look at the price and the quality of the camera lens. For good night vision, you need a floodlight. The Arlo wired Video Doorbell works excellent by leaving your outdoor lights on all night. You'll get a very good view of someone coming up to your door. But the 160 - 180 degree view is very misleading. It doesn't show any of the sides of your house next to the door. The further out you go, however, the wider the view. The spotlight on the Arlo Pro 4 is very weak. I don't believe it to be sufficient when mounted outdoors.
QuestionDoes the Arlo 4 have any local/device video storage capability at all, or is an historical video (i.e. the last 72 hours) available only with a subscription?
- Answer Local onboard or local HD storage is not an option. A subscription for 1 camera provides 30 days of clip storage at 2K resolution at a modest less than $3 per month cost. Subscriptions for multiple cameras are discounted.
QuestionIs there a web interface to watch live and recorded video on the web instead of using your phone? (Especially live)
- Answer Looks like you can. It's through the arlo.com website. The first time logging in, it sends a push notification to your phone to authenticate you. Once you're logged in, the interface looks very similar to that on your phone. This includes the ability to watch recordings, as well to watch live. As a reminder, there is a lag with all live recordings. I think it's something like 10 seconds.
- Answer Yes, you can mix and match the Arlo cameras added to your Account. Please be informed that Arlo Pro 4 camera only connects directly to your router's wifi network while the Arlo Essential cameras can either connect to Arlo Base Station/SmartHub or to the router's wifi network. ^RM
QuestionIf I purchase 2 of the Pro 4 cameras, Will have to purchase the Hub as well to get notifications? I have the Pro 2 with 5 cameras
- Answer No, you will get notifications from Arlo because you must download the Arlo app. You will get 3 months free subscription. After that you will need a hub to store your footage or subscribe with Arlo for $2 per camera. $10 if you have more than 5 cameras.
QuestionFollowing up. These cameras don’t need a “home base” and can directly connect to a router? Nothing else is needed for them to operate ?
- Answer Yes, the Arlo Pro 4 camera can connect directly to a router's wifi connection. ^RM
QuestionSo I purchase an Arlo 4 to live stream on my wi fi as a SIXTH camera to my already FULL 5 camera account. I get a free smart subscription and everything works. When the subscription expires and I do not wish to renew, my Arlo 4 is useless, correct?
- Answer Arlo Pro 4 camera comes with a free Arlo Smart trial. When the trial expires, you have the option to purchase an Arlo Smart subscription. Without an Arlo Smart subscription, you will still be able to use the features listed here : https://kb.arlo.com/000062312. ^RM
QuestionThis product states "Only @ Best Buy". What's the difference between this camera and the one you buy on the Arlo website?
- Answer The cameras sold in this bundle are the same cameras sold on the Arlo website. What is exclusively sold on Best Buy is the security bundle. ^ER
- Answer Yes. You can use without a plan but will get notifications of motion but no recordings. Would have to view camera when motion is detected to see what's going on.
QuestionDoes this allow for different settings for each camera? Ie, can I turn the light off on the camera in the back while leaving the light on for the camera in the front?
- Answer Yes. You can set each camera up separately for all settings including armed, unarmed and schedule.
- Answer The charging cord that comes with it is very short. You can purchase the 25' cable that is rated for outdoors and it works very well.
- Answer I don't believe so. They are battery powered, but an optional 25' charging cable can be purchased and is designed for outdoor use. It will keep your battery power at 100% all of the time.
QuestionI have the VMB4000r3 home base with 5 cameras with no subscription fee. I want to upgrade to the Pro 4. If I upgrade and purchase 5 Arlo Pro 4 cameras will I have the same benefits of my current plan of seven day cloud storage with NO subscription fees?
- Answer No. The Arlo Pro 4 cameras will come with free trial to Arlo Smart. When the trial expires, you have the option to purchase an Arlo Smart subscription. To learn more, please check this link :https://kb.arlo.com/88/. ^RM