- QuestionIs this modem wireless? (11 Answers)Answers
This modem is NOT wireless. In researching the best setup, most people seem to agree that you are better off with a separate modem and wireless router than a combo unit, so that's what I did. We have the internet connected via coax to this modem, then connected the modem to a Netgear wireless router with a wired connection. All my devices are then connected wirelessly that way, and we're getting great service.
- QuestionI want to replace the Comcast wi/fi modem combo unit that i currently rent. What product should I be looking at? (11 Answers)Answers
- Questioncan this be used instead of TWC modem (11 Answers)Answers
- QuestionHow many wireless devices (phone, tablet, etc.) can be connected at one time? (11 Answers)Answers
- QuestionIs it necessary to call Comcast? (11 Answers)Answers
After connecting my router to coax cable and to my laptop with an Ethernet cable, I was able to simply open a browser and was redirected to a Comcast page that automatically set it up/registered it. You just need a Comcast login or account information. I was up and running within 15 minutes and never had to call.
- Questiondoes this work with the phone? (11 Answers)Answers
- QuestionConnectivity with Airport Extreme (11 Answers)Answers
- QuestionHOW DOES THIS MODEM PERFORM WHEN THERE IS MORE THAN ONE PERSON USING? (11 Answers)
HOW DOES THIS MODEM PERFORM WHEN THERE IS MORE THAN ONE PERSON USING? ALSO, HOW IS THE SERVICE WHEN STREAMING VIDOES AND GAMING? MY CARRIER WILL BE COMCAST. ALSO, DO I NEED A ROUTER? SORRY I AM NEW TO CABLE INTERNET. IM USED TO BROADBAND INTERNET.
Closed to new AnswersAnswers
Yes you do need a router for this modem. The best one I would recommend is the NETGEAR N900 Dual band wireless router with 5 port gigabit Ethernet Switch. It's super great with multiple devices connected to it. I have an Apple TV 2 computers, 2 tablets, ps4 and 4 phones connected to the router at all times and my internet speed is never affected not is the strength of the Internet decreased. This modem along with the router named above are a great pair. Both help increase the signal strength of your internet.
- Questiondoes this modem have a phone connection (11 Answers)
- QuestionDoes this modem work with AT&T uverse? (11 Answers)
Best Buy is not responsible for answers provided by Community Answers, Customers, or other third parties. Accuracy not guaranteed. Terms and Conditions