Questions & Answers
Your price for this item is $249.99
- Answer Yes you should be able to because both consoles use the same digital audio converter. Just use the optical like you do with your Xbox. Be aware though that the PS4 won’t be able to provide atmos support like the Xbox does as according to my own research, Sony didn’t program the console to support Dolby’s atmos format. Beyond that though you should still be able to get digital 5.1 and likely even 7.1 surround off the PS4.
QuestionIs there no mute option? I didn't notice one on the mixamp and it doesn't specify (that I have found) that states the cable connecting the headset to the mixamp includes a mute function (in-line mute cable).
- Answer yes it does have a inline mute button on the cable.
QuestionWhat is the difference between the amp and amp pro that justifies the extra money, and is it worth it?
- Answer The pro offeres surround sound while the basic amp just offers stereo.
QuestionI have updated to the latest firmware but it is still not letting me assign the headset to an account and I can't hear or talk to anyone. How do I fix?
- Answer If you are using an Xbox One, once you have logged into your xbox unplug the USB cable and plug it back in. I don't know what the issue is with the Xbox One USB ports but once you do this it should assign your headset. Works every time for me. The other option is to flip the switch on the back of the MixAmp from Xbox to PC and back again. My understating is this is an issue with the Xbox if you don't power it completely off and use low power mode when turning it off for faster startup. The USB ports suspend and don't go completely off. This has something to do with the Xbox not seeing the mic on startup.
- Answer Yes Astro website: “All current ASTRO Gaming products designed for Xbox will offer continuous compatibility on Xbox: Series X.“
- Answer Yes, just plug them in and your all set, but it’s better to download the software
QuestionAre these 7.1 surround sound and do I need to update firmware or can I just download Dolby on Xbox series X to do it
- Answer You will need to Update the firmware via the Astro website. Its very quick and easy and you will be able to simply plug the USB into your series x and use it.
- Answer I would go to the astro website to obtain a new chat cable.
QuestionCan I stream voice chat from a Pc at the same time as game sounds from Xbox one to the same headset? Or is it only sound from one or the other at a time?
- Answer No. You would have to choose one or the other.
QuestionHow long are the cords? I’m 8ish feet away from my Xbox. Does it come with usb power and optic cable long enough for me? Will i be able to unplug the mixer from my Xbox and store when not in use without re-updating or anything similar? Thanks
- Answer Each cord, PC/console to mix amp and mix amp to headset is roughly 6 ft long so it might fall just short of what you need without buying a longer cord. I haven't had any issues in unplugging it and reconnecting it.
QuestionDo you need a pc for these? I plan on using them for Xbox but don’t have a desktop or laptop if I have to do updates
- Answer No you don’t need a pc for them you can use for xbox or pc
- Answer Yes this headset comes with dolby digital also comes with a redeemable code for dolby atmosphere for xbox/windows users.
I would recommend: