Questions & Answers
- Answer 2 gigs of dedicated VRAM
- Answer For all the specs listed I believe this is a excellent gaming notebook. I have tested the graphics and 1080p video downloads and everything runs smoothly. Has a anti-glare screen which is nice. The only con about this laptop is it's so huge and weighs a lot. Call best buy to make sure they have the gaming notebook on display before going there so you can get a feel of the notebook.
QuestionShould i leave battery out while laptop is plugged in for long periods?I heard when laptop is plugged in for long periods of time its better not to have the battery connected, is this true?
- Answer When you laptop battery reaches capacity, it'll stop working off the battery and will receive its power directly from the charger. Having a fully charged battery with the laptop plugged in is not harmful. However, if your computer tends to get hot easily, it might be wise to remove the battery. For everyday computing, it should be fine in there. Remember, heat is a lithium-ion battery's worst enemy.
Question1080 display?It says High def screen, so assuming it is 1080? And does it have anti-glare, or is it glossy? Best buy needs to add more information to their specifications. Since a lot of these are frequently asked for other products.
- Answer 1920x1080 Anti-Glare and looks great!
- Answer It DOES have bluetooth. The spec sheet and the ASUS person that anwered are wrong.
QuestionDoes anybody know what physical size ram chip is gonna be needed to expand to 16 gb? I know that it's 8gb DDR3, but there are different sizes.
- Answer This laptop has 2 4gb ddr3-12800 1600 in it and it has two memory slots with nothing in them so you will need 8gb (2x4gb) ddr3-12800 1600 to add to it to achieve 16gb memory
Question3D capable chip setOk, so I understand that the chip set for this laptop is capable of 3D display. However the screen itself is not. With that being the case can you connect an external 3D monitor or 3D TV via HDMI to achieve 3D display?
- Answer This particular model is not a 3-D capable model. If you connect to an external display, 3D or not, it will not be in 3D.
QuestionBuilt in camera 1.0mp or 2.0mp?The overview lists the camera as 1.0mp, but the other G75VW's on other sites are listed as having a 2.0mp one. Is 1.0mp correct?
- Answer The G75VW-BBK5 has a 1.0mp camera.
Questionphysical size of ssd?what are the dimensions of the ssd should i look for? should i re install OS to make ssd primary disk?
- Answer The notebook uses a standard 2.5in ssd. Most people will load the OS onto the ssd, but you can use the ssd as the primary or as a secondary drive, it's up to you.
QuestionARMA 2, Minecraft on High settings?Just wanted to ask if the laptop could run ARMA 2 and Minecraft on high settings.
- Answer Yes this gaming laptop is able to play intesive graphic games on high settings.
- Answer Yes, the G75 has a built-in microphone. Most laptops and Netbooks that come with built-in webcams will have a built-in microphone.
- Answer No, the notebook does not have NVIDIA Optimus technology. However, there is a key at the top next to the power key where you can change the notebook's profiles with a touch of a button.
- Answer you can purchase LCD wipes or make it homemade and save money. Never spray directly onto the screen but a lint free cloth. Instructions for homemade solution: 1 Add 1 part isopropyl alcohol and 1 part distilled water to an empty spray bottle. Close the bottle and shake it to combine the ingredients. 2 Turn off the laptop. It's easier to see the dust and smudges when the screen is dark. Spray a lint-free cloth with the homemade cleaning solution or LCD cleaner. 4 Wipe the laptop screen thoroughly with the cloth to remove any dust or fingerprints. Clean in one direction to prevent streaks.
QuestionRAM 8GBplz , can anyone give me a link from the site for RAM 8 gb .... to be added to this lap .. or full name of this RAM 8GB
- Answer The G75 uses DDR3 100MHz SDRAM. If you are planning to add RAM, there is no specific brand you have to buy, just the right type.
QuestionWhat slots is the existing ram inIs the existing 8 gb ram in the two slots under the keyboard, or ther two slots visible. The reaon i ask, is i want to upgrade the ram to 16gb, but if the existing ram is in the two visible slots, then i would need to throw these away, or else void the warranty to move them under the keyboard
- Answer The G75VW has 4 slots. 2 under the keyboard, and 2 that is user-accessible. For this particular model, the 2 slots under the keyboard are taken up by the 8GB that comes with it. Adding RAM via the user-accessible slots will not void your warranty.