Questions & Answers
- QuestionAnybody else having disconnect problems? (10 Answers)Answers
I've had this issue with every Asus router I've ever had. It's currently happening to me on my 3100. There only thing i can get anyone to tell me is that it's faulty hardware and the band is burning out. I can understand that once but over all my owned asus routers it's happened to all of them at some point in their life. First time it happened it was off warranty so I was out of luck, lately it's been shorter so I just take it back and exchange it. My problem is I paid an extra 200 for this router thinking their high end wouldn't have this issue but no it happened one of the fastest out of them all.
- QuestionIs this Asus router the same with RT-AC88U (8 LAN ports) ? (11 Answers)Answers
- QuestionCan you connect this router to a VPN? (5 Answers)
- QuestionA sale person adviced me to buy AUS-AC3100 to replace Fios router. However Fios uses coaxial cable while this router use ethernet cable. FIOS does not use modem. Any suggestion to use AUS-AC3100 with FIOS? (10 Answers)Answers
Let FIOS replace the existing router, far less grief and pretty decent equipment. There is a password log in that comes with the new router. No they don't use a modem and the cable used is fiber optic not coaxial. This unit would be a nice extender for that system if you are still having range problems.
- QuestionWHERE TO FIND PASSWORD SO I CAN STREAM TO TV AND IPHONE? (5 Answers)Answers
The default password for the router login is Username "admin" and Password "password". Your wifi router key can be found by logging into your router (Typically http://192.168.1.1) through the web browser and clicking on Wireless on the left side. Your key is listed under the WPA Pre-Shared Key. If you cannot get into any of it there is a reset button on the back of the router. By holding it for about 10 seconds it will reset to factory defaults and then you can reconfigure the router from scratch. I would result to that as a last resort though.
- QuestionDoes this work with xfinity? (10 Answers)Answers
Routers have no issues working with internet, it's your cable modem that needs to be working with Xfinity or any other ISP provider that allows your cable modem to have access to the internet. I have Xfinity and I have this router and i have absolutely no issues of any kind. If you are using an Xfinity cable modem from them or their all in one cable modem with phone, you can end of with issues because they do control how you access the internet. i have an Arris Cable modem from best buy no wifi built in, it's the newest one that has 32download streams SB6190. i have 10 times more devices on it and using the internet and i have nothing that slows down. i also am downloading at 800 plus megs without having to upgrade any internet package.
- QuestionDoes this router support vpn? (5 Answers)
- QuestionHow much is monthly bill ? (10 Answers)
- QuestionIs the dsl modem built in on ASUS RT-AC88U router (11 Answers)Answers
If you wanna save $30 and dont need all 8 ethernet ports then grab the RT-AC3100, its the identical router as the 88U but it has 4 ethernet ports instead of the 88U's 8. But to answer your question, the 88U is just a router, you need a separate modem. If your with century link, I'd recommend the Arris SB6141, it has the speed and the price is very competitive.
- QuestionHi. I would like to know if this is the Dual-Band ADSL/VDSL Gigabit Wi-Fi Modem Router (see link https://www.asus.com/Networking/DSL-AC88U/overview/ ) or the Asus AC3100 Dual-Band Wi-Fi Gigabit Router (https://www.asus.com/Networking/RT-AC88U/) (5 Answers)
Best Buy is not responsible for answers provided by Community Answers, Customers, or other third parties. Accuracy not guaranteed. Terms and Conditions