Questions & Answers
- Answer Rick, I got this when my rig crashed and I need something in a pinch to continue gaming/ working from home. I consistently get between 80-100 FPS in wow with my addons running. It's not the most powerful computer but it is very solid. I never see any lag issues or much slowdown in raids either. NVIDIA also includes a graphics driver and optimal settings for wow with the video card.
QuestionIs it easy to edit and be hotWhat if I want to add a graphics card on i, or I can replace a graphics card with other graphics card does it have enough place ?? ..... And will it be hot if use it much time ??? Plz answer
- Answer hi Saif So far mine does not run hot at all. very very cool and quiet. I am sure if you are pushing the limits of the processor or video card it will warm up but the case us designed so it could be small and powerful and to run cool. If you put your hand on top you can feel some heat coming out but it is gone in 2 inches, I am sure you can replace the video card and there looks like there is room for one more card in there. But from what I have read, this is like working on any small form computer. The working quarters are much tighter than a big tower. I also read that if you open it up it voids the warranty but I have not confirmed that with ASUS.
QuestionWould anybody know if Nvidia GTX 750 is compatible with Pixel Shader 3.0?I am planning to buy an animation software and one of the requirements is Graphics Card: NVidia Geforce GTX 400 Series. It states though that the graphics card must be compatible with Pixel Shader 3.0.
- Answer The Nvidia GTX 750 is offers the same kind of performance than the old GeForce GTX 400 series but for a fraction of the power consumption. This graphic card is compatible with Pixel Shader 3.0.
Questiongood Computer?I've been looking around for a good gaming pc as I do poketubing and just stream other games for fun. Is this a good computer? or is there something else I should look into?
- Answer Not good. See my review. The HDMI input on the graphic card is defective.
- Answer Hard to say what your FPS will be since your internet strength/signal is a factor in that number. I'm getting 104 FPS on a 6MB internet service. Rust is still in Beta mode so still have glitch issues.
QuestionHow do I upgrade to 16 GB, but keep the same components?I love the components of this computer except that I don't know how to expand the RAM to 16 GB... Any help?
- Answer You'll need 1.35v SDRam, 1866 (laptop low voltage ram) There are 2 SDRam slots on the motherboard. Disclaimer: This will void your warranty, I am not responsible for any damaged equipment, which has a high probability in this computer, this computer is designed to be more like a gaming console, not modified by the end users. I do not recommend doing any of this if you are new at modding, unfamiliar with soldering, or if you are not a certified ASUS tech. You need to remove the top case, be careful to not break the cables that connect the lighting to the front of the case. In this order: 1) Remove the fans 2) Remove the DVD drive 3) Remove the heat-sync (I bent mine, and then re-bent it back into place - I can't recommend this however, since it can potentially break the whole heat-sync - I was prepared to buy a replacement if I broke it. Be prepared.) 4) Remove the ram 5) Add your 2 new 8gb sticks of ram Put everything back in reverse order. A better solution is not to purchase this PC if you have the intention of upgrading parts, this computer is not designed for end user upgrades. I modified this PC because of the following: 1) I didn't care if it broke 2) I am an IT professional 3) I've been doing custom PC modifications for over 15 years If you are not an IT Pro, do not modify this PC. The innards of this machine are not for the novice user, nor will you be able to call ASUS for help if something stops working, since opening the case voids the warranty. GLHF
QuestionCan this computer run the Elder Scrolls Online and Sims 4?Worried about the graphics card mostly
- Answer Yes, but not maxed out. Maxed out Skyrim runs at 24fps. Med-low setting Skyrim runs at 43-60fps. You are better off getting the higher end model of this machine with either a GTX970 or 980 if you want the latest games in 1080p at no less than 60fps at max settings. See if you meet the following criteria: 1) You aren't modifying parts on the interior of the machine once purchased. (opening the case voids warranty) 2) You are not a hardcore gamer, you just want something that can play the latest games, albeit not on great settings. If that doesn't sound like you, do some research and build a custom box. These types of machines are not designed to be modified (warranty is void if case is opened), they are designed to be like an all in one package to entry level PC gaming for new-to-pc users.
QuestionWill it be able to run the new Need for Speed?I guess a better question would what game would pushing the limits to this pc? I'm kind of new to the pc gaming world so i wouldn't mind some tips as well.
- Answer I couldn't find the requirements listed. Maybe because it isn't released yet. The GTX 750 is about equivalent to PS4, so you should be able to match PS4 graphics quality with this PC out of the box.
QuestionCan this be opened and upgraded and/or be changed up?I am thinking of purchasing this computer and was wondering if it could be opened up to be upgraded, like the GPU, the motherboard, CPU, etc. or are they soldered into the computer and cannot be changed?
- Answer Yes you can add another GPU. It comes with extra internal power cables because if you add an additional GPU you need to get an additional 180W power brick. I imagine you can upgrade memory too. There are videos on You-tube onit.
QuestionGamingI want to be able to play games like wasteland 2: directors cut, pillars of eternity, and divinity: original sin enhanced edition. Will this computer be able to handle them on high or the highest graphics setting?
- Answer I would stay away from this. Its very limited in what it can do. Games like league of legends are great but that isn't a very graphic intense game. In all honesty just build your own. For the same price you can get something more powerful, which you will be able to upgrade with out voiding the warranty,
- Answer Yes
QuestionMy ASUS laptop Rep of gamers screen has no displayThe computer comes on but no screen display - any button sI can try?
- Answer Plug into the onboard hdmi (not the graphics card) Reinstall the Nvidia drivers Reboot. Should fix it.
Questionif i buy this computer online will i be able to return it to a local best buy or do i have to pay shipping and mail it to best Buy or Asus?I been looking for a decent desktop like this one and i would like to buy this machine. One thing that does concern me is some of the bad reviews. So my question is if i buy this computer online will i be able to return it to a local best buy or do i have to pay shipping and mail it to best Buy or Asus . And if so will i get full refund disregarding me having to pay to ship it back if I have to send it back through the post office.
- Answer It will depend on the online store that you will purchase it on. If your unit has a defect you may return it under the discretion of the online store and please be advised every product has a warranty that you can use.
QuestionMonitor for Asus - Desktop - Intel Core i5 - 8GB Memory - 1TB Hard Drive - Black/RedAsus - Desktop - Intel Core i5 - 8GB Memory - 1TB Hard Drive - Black/Red I have a monitor from my older computer. Will it work with this one or do i have to buy a new one for HDMI?
- Answer ANY MONITOR WILL WORK AS THE G20 HAS OUTPUTS FOR ANALOG, DVI AND HDMI. BEST GRAPHICS WILL NATURALLY BE HDMI. ONE WORD OF ADVISE. I OWNED THE SAME PC AND JUST TOOK IT IN FOR MY 1ST REPAIR. I WANTED A REFUND AS THIS PC HAS THE WORST REVIEWS I HAVE EVER READ AND DIDN'T FAIL ON ME UNTIL TWO WEEKS BEYOND MY RETURN POLICY. READ MY REVIEWS FOR THIS MODEL AT BEST BUYS SITE AND PRAY YOU GOT ONE OF THE GOOD ONES. GOOD LUCK...
- Answer No as this is more like a laptop even uses laptop memory, very low voltage machine that goes through a transformer prior to plugging in ( Just like a laptop Plug)