Questions & Answers
- Answer Yes, the VivoTab Smart has full Windows 8 on there. Any normal Windows program would work on this, as long as it is compatible with Windows 8.
QuestionDVD DRIVES/DDR RAMI HAVE BEEN LOOKING THROUGH ALL THE REVIEWS AND DATA LISTED ON DIFFERENT WEB SITES. I AM CURIOUS TO KNOW IF THE VIVOTAB SMART TABLET HAS THE ABLILTY TO ATTACH A DVD PLAYER TO IT FOR DOWNLOADING PROGRAMS? ALSO, THE DATA ON THIS SITE SAYS THE 2 GB OF MEMORY IS DDR 2 AND ON ANOTHER SITE IT SAYS DDR 3, WHICH IS CORRECT?
- Answer Technically it can, if you can get one that is compatible with Windows 8 AND is able to hook up through the smaller USB port. It is DDR2
QuestionTransleeve availability?Is the Transleeve available for sale? I can't find it selling anywhere. How much does it cost? Does it come with the Bluetooth keyboard, and if not, how much is that?
- Answer The Transleeve should be available in the next month or two. There are two types of Transleeves: one with a BT keyboard and one that is just a sleeve. Pricing and availability will depend on the reseller.
- Answer Yes the VivoTab Smart has Gorilla Glass.
QuestionInternet without WiFiHello, I do not have wifi at home, was wondering if I can connect my 3G internet dongle (or data card.. or whatever they are called these days) with this VivoTab? Can I buy a micro USB to USB 2.0 connector and connect my internet Dongle.... or is there a dock which has a preset USB 2.0 slot where I can connect to Mobile Internet?
- Answer The Vivotab Smart does not have a dock available. However, because the tablet runs on regular Windows, it is possible to attach your USB dongle to the device. I would definitely look into getting the adapter since the tablet does not have a full-sized USB port available.
QuestionWhat app store is available?Even though this is a Windows 8 tablet, can apps be purchased/downloaded from other App stores such as the google play store? Or can one only purchase/download apps from the microsoft app store?
- Answer This tablet, and all Windows 8 devices, will have access to the Microsoft App Store. Google Play apps will not work on this device as the apps were designed to work on a different operating system.
- Answer You will not be able to hook up a printer directly to the tablet. The best, and easiest way is to print on a network printer.
QuestionCan I hook up a usb memory stick?Can I get an adapter and connect a regular usb memory stock to the tablet via usb?
- Answer Yes, but not out of the box. You would need an OTG USB cable.
QuestionWarranty and transleeve keyboardI'd like to know if the one year warranty provided for this tablet is a one-year international warranty and also, if one buys the transleeve keyboard, it says in the keyboard's description on this site that it has a microusb cable included in the package, does this mean that one can connect the transleeve keyboard to the tablet via the miniusb port as well OR it's only via bluetooth?
- Answer The tablet, if purchased from Best Buy, does not have an international warranty through the manufacturer. You can, however, purchase the Black Tie Protection which can offer your product protection outside of the US. The Transleeve keyboard is a wireless keyboard. The USB port is to charge the keyboard's battery.
- Answer You can download the Kindle App and the amazon app (for free) from the Windows App Store. If you use the Kindle App you will need to purcahse the books through amazon.
- Answer Yes. I have loaded Office 365 with all of the MS Office 13 applications with no problems.
- Answer This tablet provides your coarse location through WIFI. It does not have GPS chip built in to provide fine location. But you can connect it to an external USB GPS device. A optional micro USB to USB converter can be purchased on Amazon at less than $2.