Questions & Answers
Your price for this item is $1,499.99
QuestionCan anyone verify what versions of Windows 10 comes installed? and if it indeed DOES not have that screen pad plus screen? I hope it just has a reg. number pad". If correct the pics do show a numpad on the right.. also does it have a thunderbolt port?
- Answer This laptop comes with Windows 10 Home. It does NOT have the visual screen pad gadget, it is just a regular touch pad. There is a separate numeric keypad on the right. And it does have 2 Thunderbolt ports on the right side, supposedly version 4.
QuestionDoes it include the stylus pen ?
- Answer No. I guess the Q series is the value edition, so doesn't have the optional things you'll see listed on the Asus site (eg: Win10 Home vs. Pro, Stylus + Case). I purchased a Bamboo Ink stylus (open box) and can confirm it works fine; I bought the non-plus version, should have bought the plus.
Question(1) What's the product weight? (2) How many hours of battery life? (3) Is the display glossy or matte/anti-reflective?
- Answer I managed 12-13 hours of continuous YouTube viewing at 40% brightness; Wifi, Bluetooth, battery saver all on; and Balance power mode.
- Answer yes both Iris XE and 1650ti maxq .... not great for gaming -- does not support Oculus Quest 2 VR direct connect
QuestionA question for owners of this device. From the images I've seen, the laptop lacks a bottom vent but has vents on the sides and the back. So, my question is, does air come in through the back and out the sides or in through the sides and out the back?
- Answer Air comes in through the bottom and back, and exits through the sides. A great design when actually using as a laptop or converting to a tablet.
QuestionWhat stylus works best with this laptop? I am looking for a precision stylus (not like the rubber ones or ones with the weird plastic disc on the end) that looks akin to a ballpoint pen that connects with it.
- Answer I purchased an ASUS PEN SA300 directly from ASUS.
QuestionWhat are the 2 identical ports on the right-hand side good for? With only 1 (standard?) USB port on the left side, I am going to need to have an adapter to plug other USB devices in such as mouse cell phone, etc
- Answer I don't have this laptop yet but I was thinking the same as you. I guess you can use a blue tooth wireless mouse then you would have a free USB Type A port to plug in a thumb drive or cell phone.
QuestionWill charger (adapter+cable) be included in box ? If yes, what is its capacity (like..65w or something else) ?
- Answer Included is 120 W power adapter Plug Type: ø4.5 (mm) (Output: 20 V DC, 6 A, 120 W) Input: 100-240 V AC, 50/60 Hz universal
QuestionCan you add a SSD or NVME to the 528? Specs show an internal SSD PCIE! No pictures of the insides or specs anywhere online. Also looks like a 4 or 5 TORX for the back cover. Two screws near the hinge look like they are separate form the back cover????
- Answer The user guide makes no mention of being able to add additional storage.
QuestionFYI for everybody.....I bought this unit and I love it.....I did not want the screenpad 2.0 this has a reg. trackpad. Its an ASUS UX564EI ....is this model number above is for BestBuy...? https://www.asus.com/us/supportonly/UX564EI/HelpDesk_Manual/
- Answer Bought one too and can confirm it's a UX564EI. Note that in the photo I've used my old physical Windows 8 Pro license to upgrade from Win10 Home by changing the license #; so great Microsoft has gone easy on this.
QuestionHi just wondered on the size of the battery in WH (watt hours) Also does this have the screenpad 2.0 Thanks in advance Mark
- Answer The battery is huge at 96,000 wh. However, it lasts as long as the 71,000 wh battery in my ASUS Q537FD (12-13 hours of continuous YouTube viewing at 40% brightness; Wifi, Bluetooth, battery saver all on; Balance power mode).