Questions & Answers
- QuestionIs a data plan needed? (2 Answers)Answers
No, the idea is that you can purchase prepaid time and use it. Once you run out then you can purchase more. Be careful of some customer service agents at ATT. My Daughter went to activate the device and the CS rep tried numerous times to get her to get a plan for the device saying it was needed, however my daughter refused to do so. That said, if you want to get a plan with it I suppose you can, however the idea is to purchase recharge time and use it like that. Hope this helps...
- QuestionWhat is an unlimited data plan (2 Answers)Answers
Always read the fine print. True unlimited will have no "throttling," meaning some companies refer to their plan as unlimited; however, the fine print reveals they give you a certain amount of data at high speed, and, once that is used up they "throttle" the service down to speeds similar to the old "dialup."
- QuestionCan i use this in a cabin by the lake with no internet or phone service? (4 Answers)Answers
- QuestionI have the new iPad Pro and would like to travel with it and be able to get on the internet. It has wifi but is not cellular. Will this product work with my iPad Pro? (4 Answers)
- QuestionThis device is to provide me with wifi right? So I won't be using up all of my data plan allotment? (5 Answers)Answers
Correct! But you still need to purchase a prepaid card $30-$50-$80 and it eill provide you with internet connection via wifi rather than using ur phone plane data! If u have Direct TV and ur cell phone is AT&T call up AT&T and tell them in your house younhave direct TV and they will change your plan to UNLIMITED EVERYTHING
- Questiondoes this device come with unlimited data or internet (2 Answers)Answers
AT&T now offers a prepaid unlimited plan, but the download speed is maxed at 3 Mbps. This speed might not be enough for other needs, but for basic internet browsing and video streaming in standard definition, it will be OK. Just like the other unlimited plans, once you reach a cap (22 gb of data usage), your internet traffic may be subject to network management during peak times. A Best Buy AT&T rep can explain this better if you have other questions. The unlimited plan offered by Cricket wireless might be a better option, for the same price, the download speed is maxed at 8 Mbps, and runs off AT&T towers too. This mobile hotspot will work with Cricket wireless. Check it out!
- QuestionI am looking to bring wifi into my home and eliminate Verizon what will service cost each month from att? (1 Answer)
- QuestionWhat is the typical size for an average movie streamed through a mifi. I am trying to calculate the cost of using a mobile hot spot. (2 Answers)Answers
- QuestionDoes this device have ports to plug in a anntena? (5 Answers)Answers
Yes, at the top of the device at the opposite ends of the power buttons are slots for mimo antennas. You will have to place your finger or an item under the tab prop up, pull up then twist turn and push in then insert the antenna plug into each port.
- QuestionDo you have to purchase a data plan each month or when it expires. In my situation, it may be more than 30 days between when it is needed. Thank you. (2 Answers)Answers
Best Buy is not responsible for answers provided by Community Answers, Customers, or other third parties. Accuracy not guaranteed. Terms and Conditions