Questions & Answers
QuestionI was reading reviews online that said something about the bulky case. To clarify, these do not need to connect to the case to have bluetooth functionality, right? They connect to your smartphone?
- Answer They are bluetooth, so you don't need the case to use them wirelessly. You can go look at some of the Youtube videos that the tech bloggers are posting. Idk why everyone is comparing the Powerbeats Pro case to Airpods. I'm an athlete, and I can appreciate putting my headphones in a case that I can throw in my gym bag and they will stay safe - while they charge. If the battery life is so long, why would you want to walk around with a case in your pocket anyway?
- Answer No, you can wear one at a time
QuestionI recently bought mine two months ago and all of the sudden I’ve been hearing a light buzzing noise coming from the left earphone and it’s not letting me hear anything. I’ve tried resetting it and checking it’s battery life, but it still won’t work.
- Answer Unfortunately, I've had the connectivity issue that the others described as well. The right earbud, and sometimes the left, doesn't work when I get to the gym to use. Therefore I'm always having to take my case with me and, forget device - recconnect to bluetooth. Its a major pain. I sent them back to Apple and they sent back saying nothing was wrong with them. I'm going to file another claim because its still doing it and has done this since day 1. Way too expensive to have this issue ongoing.
QuestionWhen taking a call, will you hear the call through both, the left and right, earpieces simultaneously? I recently purchased a pair of wireless headphones where the call would only come through on the right earpiece.
- Answer A review that just came out said that calls were heard through both earpieces. Also commented that sound quality was great.
- Answer Watch the YouTube video MacRumors put out on the unboxing of them. It shows him wearing these with sun glasses on and moving his head around. According to him, they feel fine and only a small area where the headphones and glasses touch or overlap, but nothing too crazy. Seemed like a comfortable fit to me. https://www.macrumors.com/2019/05/07/powerbeats-pro-hands-on/
QuestionDo they go into sleep mode when taken out of ears and placed in pocket without charging case? Will motion from walking take them off sleep mode? Sleep mode is ideal because it conserves battery
- Answer They go into sleep mode when you take them out of your ear regardless if they're in the case or not. Walking with them in your pocket doesn't "wake them up".
- Answer Yes you can
- Answer I ordered mine 9 May. I haven't received a status update yet.
QuestionWhat is bluetooth range from phone to buds? I don't carry phone to gym floor. My Jaybirds are 60ft range, which hasn't dropped.
- Answer It depends on interference so everyone's environment is going to be different. Like you might get 60 feet at your gym with the earphones you're using at the gym, but you might get 20 feet if you're in a different location. But, for Class 1 bluetooth, you're going to get further than Class 2, which is 30 feet. I have Powerbeats 3 and I can leave them in the gym locker when I workout and my gym has 2 floors. PowerBeats Pro has Class 1 too, so I imagine it's the same.
QuestionHello, Apple offers 3 months free already, Does your offer means that I am getting 6 months in total?
- Answer No. I tried that. You need an Apple ID to use it, so it will remember your Apple ID and you can only get 3 months free one time.
QuestionI bought my Powerbeats pro and I noticed the case opening lid has small play (loose)is it normal in all the Powerbeats pro case or its just on mine. So that I can go and replace it in the store. So can any one let me know, do you feel on your power beats.
- Answer I just checked my case and there is a very slight wiggle side to side but I think that is part of the hinge. Personally I'm not worried about it on my case. I hope this helps
QuestionAre the new Beats by Dr. Dre - Powerbeats Pro Totally Wireless Earphones compatible with android phones?
- Answer These do work with Android. The voice/ activation works just as iPhone's Hey Siri does because the microphone is always listening whether you're connected to an iPhone or Android. The auto pause and play works too. Honestly the only thing you aren't getting through Android is the case and earphones battery level. And it will take 15 seconds to pair to your phone instead of 5...deal breaker?
QuestionHas anyone had an issue with their headphones? When playing a track and I black my screen out or my screen lights up from sitting idle the song will speed up or slow down for a couple seconds. Other then that it plays fine.
- Answer I've experienced very poor connectivity (dropped sound) with my Android S8 and an echoing sound between right and left earphones (they don't seem to sync well with one another).
QuestionCan you use one till it it’s dead then grab the other one and use it by it’s self while the other is charging?
- Answer Yes you can to both sides of the question..
QuestionWould these be safe to use in a steam room or a sauna? I would imagine a steam room may get too hot and humid. But maybe a sauna would be fine?
- Answer They say they’re sweat resistant and you can run in a light rain. Steam? I’d say don’t chance it. They’re not waterproof and won’t be covered under warranty.