Questions & Answers
Your price for this item is $499.99
QuestionThis DW doesn't have a heated drying cycle? Do the dishes get dry in reasonable time? How long does it take? For example, if I use the delay and start the machine at 1AM wil the dishes be dry by 7AM?
- Answer We don't use the delay start function and have only used the automatic wash setting....it shows a cycle time of 1 hr & 59 min at start. I have opened it soon after the cycle is completed....still warm inside....and all are dry including plastic stuff.
QuestionCan you tell me the length of the shortest wash? I am looking for an express wash. We seldom use our washer. Just for parties and big dinners - maybe 15 times a year.
- Answer Hi Kathy, thank you for your question. The shortest wash cycle on this model is the Express wash which is 30 minutes. The Express cycle is designed to clean lightly soiled dishes and reduce overall wash time. You can use this cycle to clean glasses and dessert dishware that may need to be reused at the same event.
QuestionDoes this dishwasher come with everything needed for hook-up such as; power cord, and DW 90 for water?
- Answer Hi there, thank you for your question. This dishwasher will come with a drain hose. The water inlet hose and 3-prong power cord will need to be purchased separately.
QuestionYour/Best Buys reviews all say Stainless Steel Tub, however, after looking at this same model in person at Sears, it is NOT all stainless as it has a plastic bottom. So, although BB has the SAME model #, is BB's model all stainless or not?
- Answer Hi there, thank you for your question. This model will have stainless steel walls and a polypropylene base.
QuestionTub is described on-line here at Best Buy as stainless steel, but one individual wrote that it is NOT. They wrote that the bottom is plastic. Can anyone else confirm? Thanks
- Answer I checked the dishwasher because I didn't even know the answer. It is indeed plastic on the bottom. It is grey plastic so it isn t so noticeable. However, I don't think it really affects the cleaning ability of the dishwasher. I've had stainless steel tubs that were terrible and plastic tubs that worked very well. Don't base your choice on this detail, IMHO.
QuestionHi, I just had an installer refuse to open the box for a Samsung dishwasher because my opening is 23/3/4" wide with a current dishwasher with a 24" door. He said your tub is 1/4" narrower. Would it fit.
- Answer The installers' have a hard time. Best Buy has a terrible "problem with the computer" system. We returned our Bosch because it didn't dry at all. The replacement order was botched several times and we waited 5 times to get the replacement. So, be aware that the installer's are getting jerked around by poor "computer problems" and poor quality appliances so if your space doesn't work they don't want more problems....can you shave a quarter inch, side to side?
QuestionI need a true bright white dishwasher. I saw a Bosch SHPM78W52N in white that actually looked more cream See photo..Is the Ascent 24" a true bright white?
- Answer I just purchased this dishwasher yesterday. I was disappointed to see that the color is slightly off-white. We decided to keep it anyway and we have not been disappointed in it’s performance.
- Answer I bought the 3 year warranty for $59 - it is worth it to me - also make sure that the drain hose coming from your dishwasher is higher than the garbage disposal at some point to prevent smelly water running back down into the dishwasher after the cycle is done - you will thank me for this :-)
QuestionThe Best Buy webpage calls it a Bosch 100. But the model number on the Bosch website is for a Bosch Ascenti, which Bosch does not make any more. Is this an older machine that has been given a new name?
- Answer Hi Doodle, thank you for your question. Model:SHE3AR72UC is an Ascenta Dishwasher, which is part of our 100 Series. It is one of our top selling dishwashers and is made in New Bern, North Carolina.
QuestionWhat is the difference between Series 100 Model SHEM3AY56N and Ascenta Series Model SHE3AR76UC ?
- Answer Hi Buyer1. Thank you for your question. The 100 Series Model SHEM3AY56N includes a Utility Rack, a Speed 60 Cycle and Xtra Dry Option. The Ascenta Model SHE3AR76UC has a Delicate and Express Cycle.
QuestionI will probably buy this unit online. How much is the installation? Do the installers bring the necessary hook ups that need to be purchased separately? If delivery is free, how do I arrange to purchase the hook ups?
- Answer We bought ours in store. We bought a kit for $30 and installed ourselves. Installation by them was $179. Delivery was free. Haul away old dishwasher $15. Youtube can help on install.
- Answer Hi there. Thank you for your question. The 100 Series Dishwasher, Model:SHE3AR75UC has the 24/7 Overflow Protection. It operates in a similar way to our 24/7 AquaStop, however, it does not have a completely enclosed base under the dishwasher.
- Answer Delivery is free if the dishwasher is over $399, which this is. We bought it at a time when installation was included, but had it not been free, I would still have purchased it. The installer knows what he is doing, so it was infinitely faster than if I had done it. He also was able to answer questions and gave us some tips. There is a charge of $29.99 for items needed to install it, which we had to pay. Removal is not free. It costs $15, but that is less than the permit we would have to buy from our city for disposing in the trash.
- Answer Hi there. Thank you for your question. Drying results can be affected by many factors including water hardness, the amount of plastic items in the load, the amount of edges, depressions, or lips on the dishware, use or non-use of suggested rinse aid, pre-rinsing of dishes, cycle selection, loading, etc. Following are suggestions for improving drying in dishwashers. 1.For all dishwashers, to achieve best drying results, always use a liquid rinse aid, even if your detergent contains a rinse aid or drying additive. Use of rinse aid causes sheeting action on dishware and top & sides of tub. 2. For best dishwashing results, observe the following when loading the dishwasher: ■ Do not pre-wash items with loosely attached food soil. Simply scrap off larger food items into trash and place soiled dishware into racks. See Use & Care Guide for loading suggestions. 3. With any dishwasher, when unloading the dishwasher, to prevent water from dripping onto dry dishes, unload the lower rack first. 4. Consider using Sanitize * option - Increases the temperatures and retains them for an extra long time to obtain a defined disinfecting performance. Continuous use of this function increases the hygiene status.